Friday, June 24, 2011

Our Sam in Glasses...


Considering I haven't updated my blog in ages, this is old news to most everyone. I do have to share it though because Sam I am is so damn adorable in his specs. In February Sam was put in glasses as a result of his Superior Oblique Palsy. Though he had surgery just prior to his 1st birthday, we knew the surgery would only be a temporary fix. Considering the palsy has not returned too sevierly yet, and we would like to hold off on surgery as long as possible for him and for our financial well being the doctor opted to try out the glasses as a way to prolong his need for another surgery. To date the glasses have been a HUGE success. In less than a month he went from not being able to write one letter to his name to writing it in its entirety. He is very well behaved with them and takes very good care of them. He realized very quickly that they were a benefit to him, and often puts them on without me having to remind him. He and I especially notice the impact they have on his ability to see properly while reading, coloring, and watching TV. He has become much more detailed in his coloring and drawing than ever before. His favorite things to draw are bugs and hearts. I sure hope that this adorable little boy in these adorable little glasses will be able to have many many many more years before a surgery is necessary. I personally dig the specs!!!

No comments: