Monday, July 23, 2012

Independence Day 2012

Okay, I get it...
I'M SLACKIN'

In my defense, I have just been enjoying this past month so much that I frankly just haven't had the desire to get on the computer much nor have I really had the time to.  

This year we had an extra special 4th of July celebration.  Our Brenna participated in her very first parade.  
In all honesty, I felt as though I was living through her for a moment.  I always wanted to be in a parade.  I remember watching them as a kid and thinking how awesome it would be to participate in such a fun event and show off my perfected parade wave...
"Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist, wrist..."

I would secretly practice that wave in the mirror and pretend that I was standing on a float in a beautiful dress, representing something larger than myself... Royalty.  

When I got to see my little girl so poised, smiling, and thoroughly enjoying every second that the eyes of Magna's people were on her.  I could tell that in that moment she was experiencing that dream I had as a child and I couldn't have been more proud.
I even had to discretely wipe away a few tears that we welling up in my eyes.
Is it lame that I cry?  
I thought it might be so I did my best to hide it.
I WAS SO PROUD!


We were joined by several friends and family at the parade, all just as excited to see our Brenna as I was.  




Once Brenna passed us by I had to rush to pick her and her friends up.  They were fortunate enough to be able to catch the last 20 minutes of the parade. They were happy about that. 




After the parade we relaxed a little at home then headed off to Grandma and Grandpa T's house for a BBQ, where the kids met Baby Wyatt for the first time.
You can read a bit more about that Here.

I was also left with some surprise pictures on my camera from Sister Steph



Thanks Steph!

We ended the night rushing to Magna after out BBQ to catch our local firework display.  It's really perfect.  We just park out butts at a church up the street from our house.  Perfect view and far less people.



2 comments:

The Circus said...

LOL West really wanted you to leave your camera unattended again... he had plans :)

Jessica T. said...

West is going to be waiting a long time. LOL Not cause I won't ever leave it unattended, but because I have been really bad about remembering to grab it when I walk out the door!