Sunday, February 10, 2013

Owls and Mustaches... Totally acceptable ways to show the love...

I've been working SO hard to make the kids valentines this year ones worth remembering.  I incorporated a few different ideas I saw online, my kids personalities, and of course added my own little personal unique touch.  I'm SO PROUD of the end results and have been SO anxious to share them.

Who doesn't love those fun photo booth pics? 
I had forgotten just what a fun little reminder of those good times with friends they were until I had some done with the kids and their friends a couple months ago.
My kids are always pulling those little photo strips out and laughing at them.  So much personality in them too.
I thought that it would be the perfect way to showcase my kids personalities on their valentines.  I also wanted the ever so popular chalkboard look along with them so I headed over to my dad's place where my little sister has a very large chalkboard painted on the wall, camera in hand, and took some shots of my kids.  First I had intended on writing the little messages on the chalkboard, but quickly realized I wasn't all that great at making it look good.  I decided I would later attempt to create the chalkboard look in photoshop.  I'm WAY more comfortable with that.

Brenna is a huge Beatle's fan and I wanted to incorporate one of her favorite songs they sing into her valentines.  All things considered, especially on Valentine's Day, "'Owl' You Need Is Love".
Brenna will be handing out some cute little owl suckers along with these cute little photo strips.  

Sam on the other hand is such a goof ball and having seen online a valentine that read "I "mustache" you a question, will you be my valentine?" I decided to go along with that same theme, but used a little different phrase I also found online that I felt suited him better.  Such a perfect fit for this little guy! 


Unfortunately I couldn't find some pre-made mustache suckers to go along with his valentines so I made some foam mustaches, which I then slid onto the sucker stick so when the are eating it it looks like they have a lil' mustache.  

I had both the kids valentines printed this weekend and I am getting anxious for them to hand them out to their friends.  

I already gave a peek of these on facebook, but these beauties below are what is being mailed to other close friends and family.  

Are you doing anything fun and creative for your kids to hand out to their friends?  I'd love to see!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO cute, your so creative!

Jessica T. said...

Thank you so much Tash!

The Circus said...

Now do mine. Ready, GO.

Jessica T. said...

Ha! Next year dear sis!