Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The terrable 2's....

I never really was quite aware of the "real" terrible twos. Brenna seams to have missed this phase. However Sam, is giving me the FULL experience... enough for 10 kids combined. I feel I am running a full time house of terror! Of the multiple things I have posted on his current needs of exploration... this weekend I think we have had the worse yet. I was just having a BAD day to begin with... you know the kind. Everything was just seeming to go wrong. I think the kids can always tell when I am having one of those off days... because they seem to have there extra bad days when I am having mine. Makes for quite the tiring day. Okay, back to my story... So below are pictures of Sam, after getting into the Medical cut/burn ointment. He had emptied the ENTIRE tube out all over his clothes and covered his face in it. So... of course I get him undressed, and put him in the tub. After snapping a couple shots of his mess, I took his clothes downstairs and started a load of laundry... Brenna was supposed to be keeping an eye on things while I ran downstairs.... I know my first mistake of this hellacious day. After sorting and loading I came back upstairs to none other than a flooded bathroom. Brenna was quietly sitting in the living room watching T.V. while Sam emptied his tub water with a cup and onto the floor.... YAY! Although I was slightly frustrated, I wasn't too upset, being I need to mop the floor that day anyway... Sam just speeded up the process. The remainder of that day Sam was just into EVERYTHING! That evening the neighbor and I had planned to get together for the kids to play in hopes they would exhaust themselves in the process... After about an hour of the fighting, Sam... terrorizing the other kids (I swear he just loves to make the other kids cry) we popped in a movie for them and got them some popcorn while my neighbor and I sat down stair going through craft stuff, trying to escape from the madness. When after about ohhhhhh 20 minutes, Sam comes to me and points up his nose and says.... OUT!!! So I look, yet AGAIN he has a popcorn kernal SHOVED up his nose!!! This kid has officially been banned from popcorn. After spending about an hour trying to get it out I decided this time there was NO getting it out. So I called the on call doctor at his petiatrician's office and asked what they had suggest for me to do. Meanwhile my friend was on the phone with her sister to see if she had any ideas... her sister said she read to put a drop of olive oil in there nose in hopes of it dislodging and sliding out. So we did that. The doctor told me that as long as he is still breathing he wasn't in any imediate danger and that he felt if it goes anywhere, that would be down the back of his throat but if by morning it wasn't out, I would have to take him to the ER... (because this was Sat. night and nothing is open on Sun.) to have it removed from his nose. Yippy! So after I hung up with the doc and we had put the olive oil in his nose, now all we could do was wait. I was feeding Sam Mac n' Cheese when about 10 mins after the oil, out came the kernal... Just slid out his nose, right down his lip. WHAT A RELIEF!!! (or so I thought) By this time I was exhausted, and so were the kids. It was almost midnight... so I took the kids home, and got them ready for bed. All the while Sam kept saying "Owie, Want out!" and pointing at his nose. So after I got Brenna in bed, I got a flashlight and looked up his nose one last time.... Just to be safe. Low and behold, ANOTHER KERNAL!!!! You could BARELY see this one it was soooo far up there. So, at this point I was beyond spent, and ready to cry. I grabbed the olive oil and put another drop in his nose and put him in bed with me. This could wait till morning! So the next day, I loaded the kids up, ran a few errands and hit the doctors office. I had kinda thought that the kernal had worked it's way out cause he was breathing clearly but because he had a little bit of a bloody nose that morning I just wanted to be safe so I took him into the after hours medical place. Sure enough the kernal was no where to be seen... must have slipped down his throat in the night... Thank GOD! His poor nose was a little swollen and irritated inside, imagine that! Here's to hoping he learned a lesson!


No comments: