Sunday, August 2, 2009

My re-furbished trunk...

So, I have recently found a new love... THE DI (or any thrift store for that matter)! I have discovered that I really enjoy getting old things, refinishing them, and making them beautiful once again. I have recently bought and re-finished a table for Sam's room, also a night stand for Brenna's room (not quite done with it yet). My FAVORITE of all though has been my very old, very used, very beaten up trunk. I have been wanting to get a coffee table and modge podge picture to the top, but when I saw this trunk at the DI, I fell in LOVE! I saw the beauty in it, and really appreciated how old and aged it was. So, when I got it home, I had to paint it. (it was a light blue color) I also painted the inside... ruffed up the metal a little, and also the edges, to give it that used look that I so appreciated in it's original form. Then I modge podged family pictures to the top. I have decided I am also going to be adding pictures to the inside being that there are more I want to add, and also family members I don't have any pictures of... so for now, it is done... and I am enjoying the character it has added to my front room as our new coffee table... I absolutely LOVE it!



3 comments:

Kelly said...

Jess way to go! You did amazing!!!

Amber said...

Great job, it looks really cool!

The Circus said...

it turned out great!