Monday, August 27, 2012

Brenna's First Day of 1st Grade...



Once upon a time,
I had two kids in diapers...
and now,
I have two kids in school ALL DAY!
It's really bitter sweet....
(Sam doesn't start until Thursday, so his post will come later this week)

THIS is all about BRENNA today!


My baby girl...
Where did the time go?
It seems like just yesterday that I was watching her learn to walk, talk, getting her first hair cut, potty training, and kissing her boo boo's all better.
It seems like just yesterday that she needed me and now here we are, a blink of an eye later, and she is so grown up.
Turning 7 soon and Miss Independent.  
No boo boo's to kiss better...
She doesn't need me like she used to anymore.  

I spent a great deal of time this weekend looking through old pictures and videos in an attempt to locate some important pictures I needed, but rather found myself consumed by this overwhelming feeling of... 
Sadness isn't the right word cause I'm so happy to watch my kids learn and grow and become amazing people, but sadness is what I am going with.  
I cried.
A LOT!
I can't believe how much of my children's lives I had forgotten already...
In regards to Brenna I had forgotten just how sweet her little baby voice was, just how precious her little giggle was, and just how heart melting her little grin was.

As I looked at these pictures and videos I was reminded of just how precious these years with my kids have been.

I was reminded of just how quickly time flies and how easily it is to get caught up in the everyday.

I was reminded that I need to SLOW DOWN and appreciate the years to come.


I am so proud of the little lady my Lou is becoming,
but sometimes I wish I had a pause button, or rewind button, so I could enjoy these stages in life just a bit longer.  

Happy First Day of FIRST GRADE my Brenna Lou...
Mommy loves you to the moon and back!


No comments: