Thursday, July 2, 2009

Let's be FESTIVE....

I have been slacking on the quality time with my kids lately... And Brenna is missing being in school REALLY bad so on Tuesday night before bed I promised Brenna that we would head over to the craft store and get her an art project to do. I had forgotten that I was going to be tending my sister's little girl Reese on Wednesday and Thursday so she was lucky to participate! When we got to Michael's (the craft store) I had no idea what I was looking for... something to go with the upcoming holiday that I was all I was sure of. Well nearly right when you walk in the store in the isle they had Tye Dye kits.... WHAT A FUN IDEA! So I grabed one, and some fabric puff paint (with glitter) then headed on over to Kohl's for some white shirts. We started rubberbanding the shirts up right when we got home. Dying them was a little messy, so we did it outside on the grass. Reese and Sam had spotted feet from walking through the dye on the grass, and my hands are still blue! I let them sit until that night then washed and dried them so we could paint them today. I am VERY pleased with how stinkin' cute they turned out and although I did most of the work, the kids are super happy with the end result. Brenna wanted shooting stars, Reese wanted a firework and stars... Sam obviously didn't have much of an opinion so he got what I gave him. I had to make one for myself too... can't wait to wear them on Saturday!



2 comments:

Kelly said...

Super cute Jess! Those turned out adorable!

Amber said...

How cute! You guys will be one stylish family!