Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our house is LIT!


We have been in this house for 5 years. Each year I BEG Billy to put lights up on the house, and every year there has been an excuse why he can't do it. Usually it is because he puts it off for so long that it snows and he refuses to get up on the roof after the first snow. This year I didn't even mention it, didn't bother asking. Much to my surprise Bill told me to pull out my lights (which have been stored for 5 years unopened) and he would hang them. I JUMPED AT THE OPPORTUNITY! That day I had the lights out and started what I could get to. When he woke up for the day he was greeted with a hug, kiss, and a honey do list! He He he! It took us 2 days to get the lights up because we ran out and had to go to the store for a couple more packages. I am soooooo very pleased to have lights up this year! No one in our circle EVER puts up lights... it is always dark and unfestive. I got my lights up, and then the next day my neighbors decided to put a few lights up too. Although there house looks "Red Neck" (her words, not mine) I am hoping to have started a trend.

3 comments:

The Circus said...

he's trying :)

Kelly said...

Hey remember how we used to light up our house? Like a little gingerbread house. I loved it!

Jessica T. said...

He is Steph! I love it! <3 Him!