Monday, October 22, 2012

Crazy Corn Maze, Pumpkin Patch, and Pumpkin Carving...

What did you do with your weekend?
Well, we had a long one so we were able to squeeze a TON of fun into ours.

I've never really looked at corn stalks and thought "Wow this sure is pretty," but when we decided to go to the Crazy Corn Maze that is exactly what I began to think as I watched my cute family make their way through the maze. 

See what I mean....

Pretty right?  
Anyway, we could hardly keep the kids contained when we arrived.  They were beyond excited to get started and get lost.



We had a really good time, but I was scared the entire time that we were going to lose one of the kids because they kept running ahead of us.  Children of the corn kept running through my head and I couldn't help but thing "What if someone comes and grabs one of the kids and pulls them into the rows of corn and we never see them again?"  I know I am a HUGE worry wart.





And then of course the kids thought it would be funny to play upon Mom's worrisome ways and would hunker down in the corn and see if they could worry me even more because I couldn't see them.  





I of course would always find them. HA!
Bill even opted to get in on the hide from Mom fun, but he too failed miserably, but in his defense he had no hope in success with the kids by his side.  Just as I came around the corner I could hear Sam whisper (very loudly I might add), "Shhhh guys, I see Mom!"


Doesn't matter that his plan didn't work.  As you can tell from the picture above he still thought that he was super funny and clever.

On a different note, I must say that having a husband like Bill makes it very difficult to enjoy the fun of getting lost because with a map in hand he knew exactly where we were and exactly where we needed to go to get to our next checkpoint.  




In case you have never been to the Crazy Corn Maze, they have 10 questions that you are suppose to answer and then ten different check points within the maze with different shaped hole punches at each check point to ensure that you found each of them.  If you find them all then you get a prize at the end.  Though we didn't get lost, you had better believe that we found ALL ten of those check points.  






Now, no Tomlin Family outing would be complete without two things.  One, dancing Brenna and two, some kind of potty drama.  Without fail, everywhere we take our kids we have to visit a restroom at least 2-3 times.  AND without fail Brenna is busting out some type of dance related moves.  The dancing poses no problem at the corn maze...


BUT you can imagine what kind of problems come along with the potty thing, especially when you are dead center of the maze with no easy access to a potty.  I must say I am SO proud of Brenna for making it all the way through the maze without having to pee... THE BOYS
On the other hand were a different story.  Yes this includes Bill.  Both were hit with an immediate NEED to go pee, but as I mentioned we had no easy way out to get them that much needed relief.  
(Note to EVERYONE, visit the pot before you enter the maze)
Fortunately for boys, they have the option of just being very discrete in the act.  Yes, they BOTH tucked themselves away in the corn stalks and did their business...



Bill MAY or may not kill me for these pictures.  He should know better though... HA!

We finally made our way out of the corn maze, though I am sure we made it out much faster than many do it did seem to go on for quite awhile.  




An added benefit to having gone to the Corn Maze is that it doubles as a pumpkin patch.  We were, however, very disappointed with the pumpkin options.  It seemed that the majority of the pumpkins were beginning to or in the major phases of rotting.  We were pretty limited.  This may be a result of being late into the month along with the warmth and dryness of our summer?  I'm just guessing here, but it seems like those combined could be likely causes.  




We finally decided on the pumpkins we felt right for each of us and headed out.  We hit up Jordan Landing for some dinner and of course we can't go there without making a stop at Barnes and Noble.  We didn't get home until late so the Pumpkin carving had to wait until Sunday.  



Amazingly enough we managed to keep the table fairly clean during the carving process.  YAY for easy clean up.  

Brenna decided on a vampiress pumpkin.



Sam and Bill of course had to have the scary element to their pumpkins.  Sam wanted his JUST LIKE Dad's, but Bill talked him out of it.  


I of course have to have a girly/cute pumpkin.  She even has eyelashes.  


Our little Tomlin Pumpkin Family.
I think each of our pumpkins represent each of us very well.  I sure hope each of your weekend was as fun filled and awesome as ours was...
Have a HAPPY MONDAY!
(A little over a week till Halloween, are you as excited as I am?) 




2 comments:

The Circus said...

Our jack-o-lanterns rotted out on our porch. Lindee threw her carving party WAY TO EARLY. We had to scrape the rotten mush off our porch. So we have to do it again because you HAVE to have jack-o-lanterns on the porch on Halloween night.
They look good :)

Jessica T. said...

I was really shocked to see that ours were already beginning to wrinkle on the cut parts of the pumpkin. I am wondering if the Pumpkins this year aren't the best quality because the majority of the pumpkins at the pumpkin patch were soft or full on rotting. LAME! Good thing is you guys get double the fun (and the mess). HA!