Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bullying, Farting, and Young Love...

Today the school held an assembly about Bullying,
Today I have now heard my children call one another a bully countless times... Imagine that.
Isn't that usually how it is?  Teach a child some useful information and they turn it around and use the information in the very way it was NOT intended to be used?
Well, that's how it is with my kids....
They are now bullying one another by use of the word Bully. 

Today Sam accidentally kicked Brenna and didn't say sorry.  According to Brenna, he is now a Bully.

Today Brenna took Sam's spot next to me on my bed.
According to Sam, she is now a Bully.

Today both kids recited some VERY important information they learned in this assembly...

"Don't stand by, Be an Alibi!"
(Really this is suppose to be "Don't stand by, Be an Ally!")
I thought that to be quite the funny interpretation of what they thought they learned.  

Not sure my kids gained a whole lot from this bullying assembly... Wonder how many more times I can count them calling one another a Bully before bed.
Any guesses?
Well, +1 happened JUST NOW!

Anyway, I had to share this little bit of information shared with me by Sam's little girlfriends mom...
Aubrielle turned five today.
You can read about that HERE
(Have I ever told ya'll how much I LOVE her little family? In case I haven't... I LOVE THAT SMITH FAMILY!)
Sam worked very hard on this card for her...


Not sure how well you can see it, but the card reads "Happy Birthday to... My Aubrielle."  It's what he asked for me to help him write, then I left him to decorate the card by himself.  I came back to find a picture of him and her, which he was quick to point out that his legs are longer than hers because he IS a little bit taller than her..."RIGHT MOM?" (apparently his manhood rides upon being a little bit taller than her). They are walking hand in hand, surrounded by a ton of hearts and flowers.  He wrote I love you 3 different times on the card.  I guess one time just isn't enough...

He very shyly gave this card to Aubrielle this morning, to which she so graciously accepted the card with a hug and a smile.  Apparently she sat with this card in her lab, admiring it through the first part of class today, and apparently those 3 I love you's did the trick...
She told her mom, "Sam really does love me Mom!" 
Cute right?

Well, it gets better.  Shelley (Aubrie's mom) came to tell me about how Aubrielle's party plans were coming.  Sweet Aubrie has been SO concerned with making sure that Sam has fun at her party so she has made all her birthday party choices based upon whether it can be for both boys and girls.  They are having a late night movie party and will be watching Little Rascals (because Sam will like it too). Party favors even include mustaches and WHOOPEE cushions because "Sam will LOVE that, Boys like farting!"
Now if you knew Aubrielle, you would totally understand just how much this shows her love for our little Sam.  She is a TOTAL girly girl and farting is just not something to be expected of a princess like her.  Yet here she is incorporating farting into her party just for her Sam.  Sounds to me like our Sam has found himself a keeper.  Already offering compromise to ensure the happiness of the one she loves... and he does the same for her.  

Young Love, It's the BEST! 

Speaking of farting... How is a teacher suppose hold her composure in class when a student rips a big one at circle time?  THAT happened yesterday and let me tell you... Holding a straight face was much more difficult than I had anticipated. 



No comments: