Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sun, Water Fun, and Shaved Ice... Just what our Easter needed! Part 2

I know I didn't give much detail to the whole nephew buried in quicksand story on day one of our trip.  The reason being was because Sister Steph really did save the day earning her bragging rights in all places, not just as "favorite" Aunt to the young one who's life she saved.  She's the better story teller anyway, I knew my role on this day and stood behind the lens documenting this great story for her.  I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but when everything was all said and done... one couldn't help but laugh at the situation poor Ayden (as appose to how I've been spelling it... it's NOT Aiden) found himself in.  As Sister Steph makes reference to... who would ever think you would find yourself in a pirate like situation where having watched mythbusters would come in handy when saving a boy's life?  Without further ado, I suggest you just go read for yourself at Sister Steph's Blog The Circus HERE.   
It's all in the wiggle. 

Anyway, on to day two.  We woke far too early than I would have liked after the night we had with poor Sam and his swimmer's ear.  Mom and Dad were in a rush to get out the door as Dad had a singing gig he had to do at a local rest home.  Apparently they (him and his brother's) are a BIG DEAL around that place.  They go play there weekly.  The elderly folk love them, and they too must love the elderly folk as they do all this out of the kindness of their hearts.  These brother's (The Eldredge Brother's) are quite talented.  Prior to Mom and Dad heading out the door, Dad spent a good half hour or so warming up.  Brenna was quick to find her place right beside her Grandpa as he sang some fun songs for her.  She loves to listen to him play guitar and sing.  She could sit and listen for hours and I as a mom love to watch her just gaze upon him while he sings. The love she has for that man is so apparent in those moments.  You can see it in her eyes, those are the moments she will one day grow to cherish.  I love that.  

After Mom and Dad left, we got some breakfast in us and got ready for the day.  We didn't have any set plans aside from me heading out for some much needed shopping. We had traveled down to St. George without having done any Easter shopping and here it was day before Easter and we had nothing to give the kids.  I knew what was on the agenda for my day, which meant that Bill had to occupy the kids while I went shopping.  Bill decided to take the kids up to a little reservoir not far from the parents place so Sam could try out his fly fishing pole that he has yet to use since he got it for his birthday nearly a year ago.  Both kids were excited to go fishing, which is good cause fishing is not my strong suit and didn't mind missing out on that "fun". 
Dad requested that I make ribs for dinner so I threw them in the oven then met up with Mom in town to do some shopping.  We were quick.  I hate Walmart and the crowds in St. George were insane.  I don't like crowds either.  I didn't want to be shopping so I rushed through Walmart, poor mom having to remind me to slow down.  I forget one doesn't always function like a 30 year old.  
We were back home in a little over an hour and was surprised to see Bill back with the kids already.  Apparently the biting wasn't all that great and the kids got board fast.  
Mom suggested that we head out to a park that was all the rave in St. George at the moment.  We showed up only to find it extremely crowded due to an Art Festival taking place.  That didn't matter we got out, listened to the live music, and walked around admiring some of the local art.  There is quite the water set up there too.  The kids couldn't wait to submerge themselves in that ice cold water.  










When we were headed to the park, we notice that the shaved ice shack was already up and running.  Dad has a weakness for black cherry shaved ice so we knew if we mentioned that the joint was already open he would insist on stopping by for a cool down.  We weren't disappointed.  Dad did suggest we stop on our way back to the house for some delicious shaved ice.  Why don't these places just stay open year round?  I would so pick one
 up in the dead of winter.  They are so good.    
I've decided that someone needs to open one in Magna that stays open all winter.  I won't be doing that though cause that would mean I would have to run it in the dead of winter and I'm just now willing to sit out in the cold.  Someone else can do it though.  I'll let them. 
We had a bit of a late dinner, which resulted in having to dye Easter eggs late and an even later bedtime than I had hoped for.  





The kids crashed fast once they made it to bed and I was able to play Easter bunny and make it to bed before midnight myself. 

No comments: