Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Craziness Continues....

Well I had my surgery done on Wednesday. Everything went really well... I was really nervous going in. Last thing I remember was laying in the OR on the bed watching all the nurse fuss with tools and such... then the anethesiologist came up with a little suringe of something and said... this is just to make you relax a little, it will help your nerves. Almost immediately I could feel myself relaxing... then that was it. I don't remember a thing from that point on... I don't even remember getting home, or in bed. LOL. I didn't wake up until about 5pm that evening and only lasted about an hour and a half on the couch before I was ready for bed. That was some of the best sleep I have had in a LONG time! The doc went in with Bill when I was out of surgery to give him his findings. Much to the docs, and my surprise he didn't find any endometriosis (he was 99% positive that is what was going on) however he had some other findings. Bill isn't much help at explaining what the doctor said, or what the plan is. I don't know if he doesn't listen, or if he just gets confused... as far as I know I have as Bill says "oversized veins" in my uterus (or vericose veins) which the doc said is likely the cause of my pain, and bleeding. Also, much to my surprise he said I have something wrong with one of my intestines (not sure whether it is small or large). Bill said he showed him the pics of it and he can't quite remember what the doc said was wrong with it, but to him it looked like a piece of my intestine was shriveled. Appently I am going to be sent to a Gastro intologist... Bottom line is, as of right now I have no idea what is going on. I go to the doc in a couple weeks for a follow up appt. and I will know the plan then. Whew... okay that was a long explanation... Also, I don't know what I said or did, all Bill told me was that he was really embarassed when I was coming out of anesthesia, but thankfully I don't remember therefore it didn't happen!

Not sure how many know this, but Bill's dad has been living with us since May. It has been great having him here, and the kids just love it! The plan was that he would stay here for 2 1/2 years until his retirement... well a couple weeks ago he got a call from the retirement people asking him when he was planning to retire because they hadn't seen anything from him yet as far as his planned date. His response "Ummm in about 2 years when I have my 20 years in." He wasn't expecting what came next..."sir you have your years in." "I do? I have only been here just over 18 years!" "Didn't you work for the school district back in the late 70's early 80's?" "Well yeah." "That counts towards your state retirement." That night he came home for work in quite the panic... He wasn't ready for retirement yet! (Who the hell wouldn't be ready to retire) LOL... He told me he set the date with them... Jan. 16th 2010. I had to laugh at that... I just knew as soon as he told his wife that he could retire, he would be outa here. She has been in Idaho by herself for the past 8 months, all the while just begging him to take and early retirement so they could be together. I don't blame her either... with nearly 5 feet of snow sitting on the ground there, I wouldn't want to deal with all the household things by myself while trying to work full time too. She has been quite the trooper through this all. Well a few days later Brent came to me and said "Well, I talked to Julie (his wife) and I have a meeting with the retirement people tomorrow." Of course I knew this was coming... Then, that night he came home (this was about a week ago) and he said, well I have a date set... Feb 16th, like in 2 weeks. You could just see the nervousness in his face... so I say, Congratulations, you excited? His responce... I don't know what I am going to do with myself. I feel kinda lost... Isn't that sad? Well, the retirement thing has had time to sink in, today he said that the closer it gets the more excited he is... Brenna and Sam on the other had aren't too excited. Today Brenna said... "mommy, I don't want Grandpa to move out, I am going to miss him so much" They both really love there grandpa T, but we will be sure to go visit. I told Brenna that as soon as it starts to get warm (and there 5 feet of snow has melted) we are going to take a trip up there to visit. Now that she knows, I will be held to it. LOL... So I just want to say to Pops, thank you for staying with us. I hope your stay was comfortable, we love you and will miss you a great deal. Oh, and I hope you will survive without your cable television! LOL

2 comments:

The Circus said...

yikes lady. hang in there! we'll all have to plane a trip up to Idaho this summer.

Jen said...

holy crap Jess! I've been out of things for a while (our computer was not set up for a month). I had no idea you were going through this! I hope you are feeling better and good luck with your next dr. visit