Monday, February 16, 2009

Sammy got a Boo Boo...

Yestderday as I was cooking breakfast Brenna and Sam had the sliding glass door open talking to the dog. Brenna kept opening and shutting it. I think I told her a good 4 or 5 times to leave the door alone because someone was going to get there fingers munched... sure enough, poor Sam started screaming. When I went over to him, his fingers were stuck in the back side of the sliding door and wouldn't come out. Brenna had shut and locked the door with this fingers in it. Once I got his fingers out, Brenna paniced... his finger was bleeding bad! So, I ran it under cold water in the sink then held some preasure on it. Eventually it quit bleeding, so I put some ointment on it and bandaged it up. Then we headed to the doctors. They x-rayed his fingers and nothing was broken. They decided not to stitch it, being that we had to wait so long to get back there and the skin was already semi closing up, and also because it was at the tip of his finger... The docs put some antibiotic stuff on it and bandaged it up to prevent it from splitting open again. We have to keep it bandaged up for about 3 days or so. He had a pretty rough night last nigh... it was hurting him pretty bad. Needless to say I ended up sleeping with him on the couch all night in between the wake ups and crying. Poor baby. Brenna felt so bad, and she thought she was in trouble. I had to explain to her that she wasn't in trouble, accidents happen... but that is why they both need to listen to me so people don't get hurt. She keeps telling him she is sorry, and giving him kisses. He also keeps kissing his own finger better.

1 comment:

Justin and Tasha said...

Oh, poor boy ! He's so cute !