Monday, February 23, 2009

Last Minute Trip...

So Thursday I was out and about with my niece Ella running errands, and it dawned on me. I said to Ella "I think we were supposed to go to St. George." And after my awful loss of memory on Tuesday when I forgot to pick up my little 2 year old niece from a neighbor who was tending her for the morning until I picked Brenna up from school... I thought for sure I had dropped the ball yet again. Twice in one week... this couldn't be happening!!! Anyone who knows me knows just how punctual I am. Okay so back to Thursday, I immediately called Bill... I said "I may have dreamed this, but did we talk about going to St. George this weekend???" His response, "Ummm No, you must have dreamed it!" Okay, a sence of relief, I hadn't dropped the ball. But I could have sworn that conversation was real. I guess all I can boil it down to is that Bill's mom has been begging us to come visit for months now, and everytime she calls she says, so have you made any plans to come down yet... so because she does this, she put enough pressure on me that I was dreaming about it now. Anyway, I got home on Thurs. from running errands and Bill was kinda giving me a hard time about the earlier call I made to him, and then he says, "Well do you wanna go?" I was like, sure... may as well I already thought we were supposed to be going. He wanted to leave Friday morning, but I was all about getting out the door as quickly as possable. We decided that we were going to go at about 4:30pm and arrived at Mom and Dad's at 11:30pm. I was also able to get my niece and her boyfriend to join us. Overall, although it was a last minute trip, it was MUCH needed! We went hiking at snow canyon friday, then went bowling that night... then Sat. we went up to Dixie rock and did a little more hiking and then went to lunch and did some shopping. It was so nice to be outside without a coat on, and soaking in the sun. I have spring fever even worse than when we left... So do the kids. They had sooooo much fun. Sam just ran and ran, and kept saying "Weeeeeee Fun, Fun!" Bring on the heat!!!!

3 comments:

Justin and Tasha said...

How fun... I cant wait for SUN !!! And about the dreaming things.. you thought were real.... I DO IT TO !!! So no need to worry !

The Circus said...

awww man! she's been bugging me too! why did you go without me???

ellaeldredge23 said...

Haha Bill wanted to leave Friday...Garrett didn't want to go at all... We so have our men wrapped around our fingers! Fun trip, thanks again!