Saturday, October 11, 2008

Brenna's 3rd Birthday

Well, my baby girl is growing up! She is now 3 years old! She has been practicing how to hold up 3 fingers all week, man that is a hard one to get the hang of... but low and behold today she got it! She can hold up all three fingers with out having to hold that stinkin' pinky down with her other hand! Anyway, 7am she was in my room... "mom... wake up, its my birthday. I'm not 2 anymore... I am
3!!!!" Such an exciting day for Brenna... The second she was able to drag my tired butt (I was up till midnight baking cupcakes) out of bed she was ready to head out the door to her party. Man was it hard to keep her entertained ALL day... I was just as eager as she was for 6:30 to roll around. So aroung noon, I broke down and let her open one gift from Mommy and Daddy... A pretty little
birthday outfit, and man was it adorable on her! Fortunately her cousin Kielee showed up not long after that, so she did a GREAT job at keeping Brenna's mind off the long awaited PARTY! I decided that about 3 I had better get my butt kicked into major gear and get myself ready, and the kids... Oh, and I had to frost the cupcakes and decorate her "cupcake" cake. (Her cake was so much fun to
make... had no idea what I was doing, but I have to say it didn't turn out all that bad!) Ten after five we were off to decorate at my sisters house, being that mine just isn't big enough... Once everyone arived we were quick to get the party started... Brenna waited anxiously to open her gifts... And she was really good about taking a good look at every one, and saying thank you before moving on to the next! She
is such a polite little girl! One by one they all came and went... she made out really well, clothes, the movie she has been dying to get (sleeping beauty), a couple cabbage patch dolls (another she has been wanting really badly), and lots more... She got one gift, she was a little confused about... a helmet. I said to her, "Brenna what is that for?" She says... "Riding a bike." She totally didn't catch on to what else was to come... I think she was thinking she could use it with her little bikes at home you push with your feet. Anyway, all the presents were opened up, and then Daddy came in the door with something else... She quickly jumped
When I told her... "Brenna, I think Daddy has something else." She couldn't really see through the croud of people, so she stood up and started walking toward her dad... and when she saw her pretty new pink "big girl" bike... she just belted out with a HUGE gasp..."Haaaaa THANK YOU DADDY!!!!" with a couple little jumps up and down. Gave daddy a BIG hug and jumped right on. She wasn't able
to get it to go very good on the carpet, but with a little help from Shania she rode it all around the living room... making sure she went to every person there and said... "Look at my new bike" then continued as she sat in one place for about another 10 minutes... finding anyone in her path... and yelling "Hey, look at me... I have a new bike!" I think it is safe to say the bike was a BIG hit, and I don't think she could be any happier with her birthday! Love you my "Lou" and Happy Birthday Princess!

No comments: