Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

I must say that as my kids get bigger these holidays have been getting funner and funner! We spent the evening at my sisters last night carving pumpkins with some neighbor friends as well. Bill had to work so unfortunately he didn't get to participate in the fun, but I was sure to carve a pumpkin just for him too. Being that I forgot my camera I didn't get any pictures of everyone with there pumkins as they carved, so I just took some pics of our family's finished pieces. I have to say my fingers were quite sore by the last and final pumpkin I had to carve. I carved a total of 5 pumpkins. Brenna chose a spider design, she was so excited the whole time and as I cut it out piece by piece she ran back and forth between me and the garbage throwing them away as I went. She also decided sam just wanted a face... so I did a little quick free hand face took me all of about 5 minutes! YES! I had to pick the cute little cat face for myself... it was just too cute! And Bill has been practicing airbrushing flames, so I tried to do a flame face for him. Overall it was a fun night, but FREEZING! I couldn't feel my toes by the time we were done! Brenna is super excited for Halloween, and tomorrow we have a halloween party at her school along with a parade and a program. She has been practicing her poems for me everyday, although she asks me "mom how does it go.." and I have no idea so I can't wait to see what it is she has been so excited about! I'll be sure to get some pictures!





No comments: