Friday, October 17, 2008

Brenna's Bike Riding....

Brenna has been out riding her bike everyday since her birthday. She absolutely LOVES it! Everyday she gets better and better at it. She has fallen quite a few times, the first fall was a little startling.... she didn't get hurt, just scared her a little. She didn't hesitate to get back on though after I told her that was part of learning how to ride. You have to fall, and get back up. Then she will get so
good at it that she won't fall very much anymore. Well, there have been MANY falls since then. Just as she starts getting daring enough to up her speed, she has another tumble. Still hasn't stopped her though. Yesterday she had her worst fall yet. She tipped over and tried to catch herself with her hands, but unfortunately she was right next to the curb, and her poor little teeth and lip bounced off it.
Happy to say her teeth are still in tact (thank god) no chips in them either. One was knocked a little loose, but I am hoping it will tighten back up. Her poor lip is all mangled too... I don't think that she would have been quite as freaked out if I hadn't paniced. I knew your mouth blead alot, I just didn't know it would be that much for a little split lip. I am soooo super proud of her though... although this
was quite the tramatic event, it only took her about an hour and she wanted to go back out and ride her bike again. So glad she's not a quiter!

3 comments:

Justin and Tasha said...

Wow she is lucky !!! Keep an eye on her teeth still not to scar you anymore but I had a little friend have to have 4 teeth pulled after a bad fall because it killed the tooth. Luckly they were only baby teeth and the adult teeth will be fine. She looks like she was having super fun its to bad that happened !

Jessica T. said...

Yeah, I have been tempted to call her dentist today just to be safe. I would feel bad if something were really wrong.

Kelly said...

Owwwie! Poor Brenna-boo. So sorry that had to happen.