Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Well this Christmas has been a pretty tough go for me. I have been struggling with a lot of personal issues, and I was pretty emotionally drained in the few weeks leading up to Santa's arival. I had no idea what to expect of the holiday, but tried to remain excited and look at things at a "glass half full" stand point.



I am soooo grateful for my children and husband. They couldn't have made the day any better. Just to see the smiles on my babies precious faces meant soooo much! We spent the majority of the day at home, just our little family. It was very relaxing. My kids were so pleased with EVERYTHING they got. Our morning started off at about 8:30... I know nice! We took our time opening gifts and enjoying each moment of it. Then around 10am we headed off to my dads in the wonderful WHITE OUT mother nature greeted us with. That was a 50 minute drive, one which normally takes about 15 minutes. I have to admit I was white knuckled the WHOLE way there... but we made is safely. The kids got Harley Davidson Leather jackets from my dad and Sunney... and they both just got the biggest kick out of that. We spent about 2 hours there just enjoying the company of family and headed back home for the remainder of the day. Then later that evening my mom came over with my little brothers to bring the kids there gifts. My mom got the kids the SOFTEST blankets I have ever felt in my life... I want to steal them and cozy up myself! It was a short visit, but I was VERY happy to see them and spend a little time with them. Then we got the kids dressed for bed, and watched a christmas show that was on tv, and then the kids were off to bed by 9pm... and I cleaned up some before I retired to bed myself.

No comments: