Friday, December 19, 2008

Our Winter Wonderland....

As much as I hate the snow... today you wouldn't have known it. It was actually rather cool to see ALL this snow pile up. I was watching the news and they were forcasting 2-5 inches across the valley as snow totals today, but I beg to differ. I would bet we got about 8 inches at our house. When I steped into it, it went above my boot... which is about mid calf. Anyway... Brenna was DIEING to go outside and use her new snow shovel. So Bill bundled up to take them out... because I wanted nothing to do with it... but as I sat in the window and watched the kids have sooooo much fun, I decided to bundle up myself and go out to take some pictures. I taught Brenna how to make snow angels, and she covered every inch along the walkway with them. Sam didn't really get the concept, but he just thought it was fun to lay there with the snow flakes landing on his face. The kids ventured out into the center of the yard, and the snow was so deap that Sam couldn't get back out. Brenna had a hard time getting out too because the snow was damn near up to her knees. There were people spinning doughnuts in our circle on there four wheelers, and one guy came through on his four wheeler with a plow on the front and cleaned off the sidewalks. The kids got a kick out of watching them, and the neighbor kid came out on his little motorized scooter and thought he could make it through the circle on that thing, and it was really funny to watch him because he thought he was being super cool... and then his scooter spun out, tipped over and he fell flat on his butt. I was laughing hystarically... Anyway, I had to fight the kids to get them inside... they LOVED the snow!








No comments: