Monday, October 25, 2010

Costume 101


This year after the kids BOTH decided to be skeleton's (Sam decided first, and I was shocked that Brenna wanted to be one too)I thought that maybe I could save a few bucks and make the costumes myself. Having never attempted anything like this, I didn't quite know the best way to go about it. Being that my first a most important reason for making the costumes was to save money (tight budget's do that to you)I decided that however I go about doing it I wanted to be able to use the clothes after halloween also. After some research, I decided that contact paper was the best route to go in order to not ruin the clothes. Bill had his doubts, told me that it wouldn't stick... and he was right. Little did he know I had a plan to iron the contact paper onto the costumes (by using fabric between the paper and iron of course). I tested this theory before doing it, and yes the contact paper sticks AND it peels off, but not on its own. I am pretty happy with the way these costumes turned out. All that is missing in this pic is Brenna's tutu (orange and black) and Sam's bow tie (also orange and black). Can't wait to see them in them. OH and (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) These cost me a total of $16 to make the both of them!!!! Think I done good!!!

No comments: