Monday, September 22, 2008

Innocence....

Just a few things I found that suited my thoughts, and protective nature as a mother. Not quite able to understand a persons need to belittle an innocent child. Anyone who can't see what a blessing every child is, doesn't deserve the happiness they bring into the world. And anyone who can betray the trust and innocence of a child, doesn't deserve to exist, as an equal, amongst those who are great.

A YOUNG PERSON'S BILL OF RIGHTS

I have a right to live rather than merely exist.
I have a right to personhood rather than being an object of possession.
I have a right to equality with every other human being regardless of age.
I have a right to be respected as a human being.
I have a right to be uniquely myself with my own identity.
I have a right to speak my thoughts and feelings, and to be heard.
I have a right to ask "why?" and to receive and answer.
I have a right to receive discipline without insults, yelling and put-downs.
I have a right to be encouraged to grow to maturity at my own pace.
I have a right to be free of physical harm at the hands of others.
I have a right to be loved for who I am.
I have a right to think for myself and, with guidance, to make my own decisions.
I have a right to be responsible for myself.
I have a right to feel joy, happiness, sorrow, bereavement, and pain.
I have a right to my acheivements and a right to my mistakes.
I have a right to care and be cared for, to give and to receive.
I have a right to develop my own convictions, beliefs and standards.
I have a right to know and experience personal freedom.
I have a right to my own body, mind, and spirit.
I have a responsibility to recognize and accept the rights of others regarding their Bill Of Rights.
~~ Author Unknown ~~



A LITTLE PRAISE

"I got two A's," said the little boy, his voice was filled with glee.
His father said, "If you studied more," "You might have gotten three."
"Mom, I've got the dishes done," the girl called from the door.
Her mother answered sharply, "Well I hope you swept the floor!"
"I mowed the grass," the tall boy said, "And edged the sidewalks too."
"I hope you improved," his father said, "On the job you usually do."
The children in the house next door, seemed happy and content.
The same thing happened over there, but this is how that went:
"I've got two A's," the small boy said, his voice was filled with glee.
His beaming father said, "That's great!" I'm so proud you belong to me!"
"Mom, I've got the dishes done," the girl called from the door.
Her mother smiled and softly said, "Each day I love you more."
"I've mowed the grass," the tall boy said, "And edged the sidewalks too."
His father answered "Thank you!" "For all the helpful things you do!"
Give a hug, or thanks or praise, for the tasks your children do.
If they're to lead a happy life, so much depends on you.
~~ Author Unknown ~~



A BUTTERFLY IN THE WIND

A child is...
A butterfly in the wind,
Some can fly higher than others;
but each one flies the best it can.
Why compare one against the other?
Each one is different!
Each one is special!
Each one is beautiful!
~~ Author Unknown ~~

2 comments:

The Circus said...

so I heard about the reason that brought on this post. whenever my dad starts a sentence with "have you talked to (insert any siblings name here) lately?" I always ask "what happened?" ... i took dinner over to Grandma's for them today and your name was inserted into that. She's lucky to have you to stand up for her!

Justin and Tasha said...

I hope all is Ok....
And hey I'll ebay for you anytime...just let me know ! lol