Thursday, September 4, 2008

My baby girl started pre-school...

Today was a super exciting day for me as a mom! Although I couldn't wipe the silly shit eating grin off my face, I also wanted to cry as my baby girl woke up this morning all excited for her first day of school. You can say, I was a little emotional about the whole day...

We started off the morning with a big bowl of cereal to get her mind and body ready for all she was going to learn.












All through breakfast she was excited as all get up about the fact that she was such a Big girl and got to go to school FINALLY! She has been waiting for this day for so long (about 2 weeks), but to her it felt like an eternaty. As we got ready, I think she may have gotten a little nervous. As I sat there in the bathroom giving her the I am so proud of you and the Big girl that you are becoming speach. And somewhere along the way she figured out that mommy wasn't going to be staying with her at pre-school... She told me that she wanted me to stay with her at school. I humored her and told her I would stay as long as she wanted me too... the SMILE returned, bright as ever. Once she was ready, we wrote her name on her NEW backpack... and went outside for some pictures.... she was super excited to show off her new Hanna Montana ("Batana" as Brenna calls her) backpack. That was the first thing we had to take a picture of!












Then of course Her pretty little face was next! We picked out her outfit the night before, as we were getting in bed. She was quick to tell me that she wanted her hair down, curled, and with a barret... so that is what we did!












As soon as we pulled up to her school... and Miss Beckie came out she ran right up to her and gave her a big hug! She was so excited to see her, then she saw the another little boy too... she imediately put on her shy face. Wasn't so excited for about 4.8 seconds! Then, she decided he wasn't so bad, and neither were the other kids as they all showed up one by one. There are 8 kids in her class... 4 boys and 4 girls. However, one little girl wasn't there today... so we didn't get to meet her, but the other two girls and not only sisters... but twins! Brenna thought that was pretty neat!












Once Brenna got inside, found the place to hang up her backpack, got a book and sat down to read... she decided that it was okay for me to leave. I was a little sad to say the least. I knew this moment would come, but I didn't expect it just minutes of getting inside. Oh well, off I went... driving around for about 15 minutes trying to figure out what I was to do with myself for the next 2 hours. I spent most of my time at my sisters with the new baby, then stopped by big lots for about a half hour... which by the way, I found some self adhiesive flooring to put in my bathroom for a WAY good deal! Then I was sure to get back to Miss Beckie's 10 minutes early so I could catch Brenna walking out of school for the much needed photos! NOT much to my surprise, the door opened and who was right in front... none other than little miss Brenna. She stood in the doorway and the moment she saw me started yelling at me to look at this, and that, and I learned this and saw that... but she didn't realize she was blocking everyone from getting to there mommies. Miss Beckie is teaching all the kids how to stand in a line and has this cool little thing with rings and each ring is connected by ropes... each kid had ahold of a ring... and out they came... Brenna the leader of the pack!












Brenna showed me her craft that she made... a little door hanger just for her bedroom... and was so excited. But when I asked her what she learned today... she said, oh I just learned about playing. LOL... thought that was cute. I came home and sat the kids down for lunch... Brenna started singing a new song... Nick Nack Patty Wack... I asked her where did you learn that song... she said, Miss Beckie taught me. Look at that... she did learn something new today after all! All on her first day of school!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I don't know which is worse, that your daughter just started school or that my little Jess is old enough to have a daughter that just started school. WOW I am so proud of the mommie you've become. Smooches my friend.

Jessica T. said...

Thanks Kel... That really means a lot coming from someone that had a big part in who I have become... If I didn't have you living next door during my not so smart days... I think I would have been in WAY more trouble! Smooches to you too!

The Circus said...

she's getting way to big! wasn't she just born yesterday? I could have sworn...