Saturday, January 30, 2010

Is this it???





I look at my "baby" and it is hard to except that he isn't a baby anymore. Everyday he is learning, saying, and doing new things that take him further from "baby." Today was bitter sweet for me. It is no secret that we have been encouraging the use of the potty with him, but he has been very rebelious with it. He will show some interest in it and then retract and decide he wants to wear diapers, he wants to be a baby. Not sure why that has been, but if there is one thing I learned with Brenna it is to not force them into it, they will do it when they are ready. Well, I think today was that day... He woke up this morning and came climbing in my bed as usual, but was only there a moment when he said he needed to go pee and rushed to the potty. "okay cool." I thought nothing of it really. Then, about an hour later he rushed to the potty again.... "Hm, wierd." Before I knew it, it was noon and he hadn't peed his pants once... so I decided to put him in unders being that is usually when he decides he wants his diapers back... much to my surprise, he made it the ENTIRE day without an accident. I even got daring and took him out of the house in underwear, and he let me know when we were out running when he needed to go, and went. I think back at the last 4+ years of my life, and I don't know anything else in the world of motherhood but babies and diapers. I have been buying and changing diapers for over 4 years. It is crazy to think that I just might be at the end of the tunnel with this phase of motherhood... Way to go Monkey man, and THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I haven't seen your little man in a while---he has gotten so big! And I am so proud of him for using the potty! That is awesome! No more diapers for you!