Saturday, January 23, 2010

Worlds greatest mom turns the BIG 50!




Today we celebrated my mom's 50th birthday. The day started early as I picked her up at 8:45am with her favorite cup of coffee... A White Chocolate Mocha... and headed over to the Elase Acadamy for a hot stone massage (DREAMY) and mani's and pedi's. This was my moms first experience at a spa, and I hope that she continues pampering herself, she deserves it! We enjoyed a wonderful couple hours together, just she and I... I have missed spending time with her, this is an experience I am so happy to have shared with her and will value for the rest of my life. After a great and refreshing morning together, I dropped her off at home so my little brothers could get her ready for the surprise "they" had planned for her... really this was a surprise party planned by all of her kids. The boys showed up with the guest of honor at 4pm. She was so shocked to see all her kids there along with extended family and friends. Deffinately not something she expected... she was so surprised. We had a wonderful dinner in her honor, yummy soups and soup bowls... then we got to the presents. She opened some cards and a few gifts, then it came time to open a gift from her parents... a cat bed. All night she kept saying I can't have a cat, not yet, but we all knew she really really really wants one. So, of course she says, "where's the cat?" Grandma (her mom) says, "that is for when you get your new place, we know you want a kitty." Mom: "Awww Thanks!" Then the last present, from her grandbabies... As she is sitting there going on and on about the cat she has picked out for when she gets her own place... she pull out a piece of paper with a cute little kitty on it... the paper reads, "Meet Louis Vitton (Louis for sort) your new cat!"



Low and behold, guess what he is... A 10 month old Male Hymalayin (EXACTLY what she has had her heart set on). Needless to say, she Cried!

To top off the night, my bro in law Vic gave my mom a short little lap dance... totally innocent and absolutley hillarious. So glad that we were able to give my mom the best birthday ever. She deserves all the happiness in the world, and I think tonight she was reminded of what happiness feels like. Love you so much mom, Happy 50th Birthday!

No comments: