Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crafting for Turkey Day!

So yesterday I had made plans with the fam to have a day of crafting. Something to do for some quality time together as a family. We are doing Turkey Day feast at my dads house this year, so I got to talking with my step mom about doing some festive decorating, and having all of us make the stuff. We decided to make some personalized placemats, and I am going to be puting together what is called "The tree of thanks" and everyone made there own leaf to hang on the tree and each leaf has what that person is thankful for writen on the back. Then, last but not least, decorating our own drinking glass for dinner. Well, we got through the placemats and the leaves pretty easily. The kids really seemed to enjoy it. At one point 5 of the 8 grandkids were fighting over there papa, and it turned out to be a great picture opportunity! Then when it came to the glasses, pretty much everyone was pooped out and ready to go. I think I will just finish those and the kids can pick which one they want the day of. Anyway, everyones stuff turned out really cute and it will be neat to have the placemats for years to come as the kids get older. I will post more pics after turkey day of how everything turned out. Don't know if I am going to try to do this whole craft thing again, at least not with everyone. Maybe put some stuff together and they kids can do it at there own leasure or something. However the most important thing is that the kids had a great time, and I think it will be a memorable day for them all.















1 comment:

Sherwood Forest said...

Cute! That is a good idea. I was going to bring the brochure for Mary Kay, like you asked, for the Thanksgiving get together that the Sykes do, but when Jon called Gma Sykes last night, she said that we aren't doing anything because Sandy had to work. So, if you hear something different, let me know. MK reformulated their line 3 years ago, because they had some allergic reactions to the product, and now they have reformulated it...how long ago was it that you tried it? I could TOTALLY see you selling MK! You would be AWESOME. Let me know if you'd be interested in going to a unit meeting with me and attending Pizza and Possiblities (where they talk about the business opportunity. We meet every Tuesday in Sandy...I think it's called Union Square. If you don't want to wait until we see each other, though, you can look at the catalog online at www.marykay.com/bfaulring