Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Meet Ronan...



YES!!!! I finally did it! I convinced Bill (with a little help form Brenna) to let us get another family pet... one I have been wanting since I got rid of my other kitty when I had Brenna. Isn't he CUTE! He was a stray that was brought into the WVC animal shelter about 5+ months ago, and there he has been ever since. He is approx. 2 years old. Although Brenna was drawn to the little kittens, I explained to her that we needed to adopt an adult cat because it is a lot harder for them to find homes. She understood and we began dong the meet and greets with the cute furry felines. Second cat that we pulled out was this big fat black cat! And let me tell you, he was perfect. The kids beat on him, malled him, kissed him, hugged him, and he wasn't even fased by it. In fact he loved every minute of it. After about 30 minutes with the kitty, we made the decision that he was the one. After the adoption was complete, I of course opted for them to place him in a box for the car ride home... being that EVERY cat I have ever owned or know of for that matter have been petrified of car rides... well, he was petrified of the box. I felt so bad about how scared he was, so I decided to just put him in the truck and pray he doesn't panic. The second he got into the truck he was diggin it... looking out the windows, just chillin'. Then when we started to go, he went and laid on the back seat with Brenna and laid his head on her lap to pet him. He enjoyed the ride quite a bit. I was amazed. I knew then we for SURE made the right choice. Once we got home, I was expecting him to go in and explore his new territory. To my surprise, he walked in, look around for about 3 seconds. Made his way to the kitchen, hopped up onto one of the kitchen chairs and laid down. Seriously it took him all of 1 minute to make himself at home. He just fits. And the kids love him, and surprisingly they are malling him too much. He is such a good kitty and we are excited to have him!

No comments: