Sunday, November 15, 2009

Not your average housewife...

I would like to think of myself as...





Wish my booty looked that good!

Now among my routinely daily, weekly, and monthly duties as mom and wife I have added yet another thing to juggle. SCHOOL!!! At this point I am thinking "What was I thinking getting into this?" Class discussions, reading, homework, essays... It has all become a bit overwhelming. I am beginning to question whether or not getting my degree is a realistic thing for me to try to achieve right now... however, it is a little late to back out now. I don't want to start paying back the student loans quite yet...

I learned quickly that I set too high of expectations for myself when I got my final grade back from my first class... a B. My first thought was, "Really, just a B... I ruined my chance at my much wanted 4.0 with my first class..." Then reality hit me... I should be proud of a B. I am juggling raising a family, maintaining a clean, healthy household, and now school... I should be proud of this B! Today I am looking at that grade in a new light! I want to shout it.... "I GOT A B!!!"

Now, I hope that my attempt of trying to do all these things at once doesn't set the stage for me to just find myself falling short in the future. I am now coming to the end of my second week of my second class and I am finding this class to be much more challenging than the first... I am just hoping to pass this one!

1 comment:

Kyle and Krissy said...

Jess, that;s AWESOME! Congrats, smartie pants. :)