Monday, November 23, 2009

Sykes 2009 Turkey Dinner

For as long as I can remember we have gotten together with my mom's side of the family the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Tradition has always been that dinner is at my Aunt Sandy's house being that she is in the middle of those in Salt Lake and those in Utah County. This year however, we had it at a church in orem. Our family is growing at such a rapid pace that it is becoming crouded doing these dinners at a house. It was nice to have the space for the kids to run amuck, but I will admit that I did miss the intimate setting that there is at a house. And when it is at a house the food is usually warm (sorry fam, but there was quite a bit of cold food.) Next year I think we should deffinately meet in the middle as it took me an hour to get down to Orem, and then it began snowing so the drive home was low visability for me (I'm night blind as it is, and the wet roads and snow doesn't help any.) It didn't take me too much longer to get home, I was just white knuckled most of the way. After this dinner last night, I am reminded at what a great family we do have. Reguardless of our flaws, we love eachother!






No comments: