Sunday, November 15, 2009

Suzi the Snow Bear...

Today the kids and I headed outside to make a snowman. I spent the last 2 days painting the kitchen (pics to come soon)and they were showing diffinate signs of abandonment from mom. So I took the day off from painting and as much as I HATE snow, I gave in to their begging to play in the snow. As I was teaching the kids how to roll the balls for the snowman, I was shocked to see how good they both were doing. I made the big bottom ball, and Brenna made the second ball that ended up nearly as big as mine. The neighbor boy Hunter quickly joined in the fun and he rounded out the snowman with the head, only when I put it on top of the snowman the head slightly resembled a bear's head. So I suggested that we make a snow bear! The kids were thrilled with this idea. Although we got about two inches of snow yesterday it was quickly melting as we worked. So I sent the kids out to the neighbors houses to gather snow in a bucket and bring it back to me... they did awsome. They went back and forth for about 45 minutes gathering snow as I sat and sculpted our Suzi the Snow Bear! I was shocked to see the final result myself... I will admit, I think I may have enjoyed myself a little more than I had expected!




No comments: