Friday, April 17, 2009

I'll follow the rules now...

UPDATE:
Well, Fri. I ended up with yet another gush of blood... so I imediately called the on call doc in my doctors office. He said he didn't believe what the ER Doc the night before had said was correct. He said he believed that I had a Hematoma (or blood clot) that had ruptured on Thurs. and that I must still have blood coming from somewhere if I was to have yet another gush the next day. He said to stay down as much as possible and if the bleeding didn't slow or change color I was to return to the ER. So 3 hours after I talked to him I headed into the ER once again. Only to get there and see the same doc as the day before. I told her what the doctor had told me over the phone and she then decided to take a little better precaution and she did an ulta-sound to make sure I didn't have anymore clots that they could see, which I didn't. She had stated that there is in fact something wrong because I shouldn't be bleeding post hysterectamy (Duh) and that the blood has to be coming from somewhere... however because my blood count is still stable and I am only having dizziness when I first stand that I am not loosing too much blood. So now I get to stay on extreme light duty in hopes that the bleeding will stop on its own, and then I check in with my doc on Tues. If the bleeding doesn't stop on it's own the only way to fix it is to open me back up to find it and stop it. I hope that it stops on it's own... I don't want to go back into surgery... but the fact that I am bleeding internally somewhere freaks me out even more. I just can't wait to speak with my own doctor!!!


(Caution: This may be a little too graffic for the weak stomach) I have always been a little bit of a rebel. Pushing the limits every chance I get. Like to make my own rules to obide by... Well, I have officially learned my lesson on rules, and why they are put in place. And most importantly why you should follow them. Yesterday we were lucky to have a visit from Bill's mom and Step-dad whom are up here for a wedding on Saturday. They stopped by around 3pm and after about an hour visiting... we all went out to dinner at IHOP (they have officially be put on the "never to return to" list after Sam had not one but two pieces of hair on his food!). While there, Brenna (of course) has to go to the bathroom. So when she and I were done, of course we have to wash our hands... The sink was to high for Brenna... So what do I do???? Lift her up so she can wash. Had her held up for a couple minutes and as I put her down, something just didn't feel right... had kinda a warm sensation in my abdomin. Thought to myself, just being paranoid...I had just used the bathroom and aside from the minor spotting there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. We went back out to finish our meal, then headed home. By now it was about 5:30, and as soon as I walked in the door... I just wanted to check (just to be safe) that there wasn't really anything wrong. So, go into the bathroom... pull down my pants, and Whala! The pad I was wearing was SOAKED in bright red blood... and the water was now turning a lovely shade as well. I tell Brenna (who follows me everywhere I go) to go get daddy. He comes in, at this point I am terrified and I show him the mess, and say get the kids in the car we are going to the ER. He quickly does so. On our way to the hospital, we dropped our kids off to my Dad. Once ariving at the hospital, I was feeling a little queezy to say the least. Didn't know whether this was nerves or something else... they took me right back after checking my vitals which weren't too bad... just a little high heart rate... my heart was just a POUNDING! It wasn't much longer before I had a guy poking me with needles, taking blood and putting in an IV. After getting the fluids pumping in me. At this point it seemed that the bleeding had slowed WAY down... whew! The Doc came in and took a look... she determined I had popped a blood vessel (explaining the enitial warmth aka gush), and also that some pieces of the scabbing which were apparently not ready to come off had come off. She said I wasn't bleeding too bad anymore, just kinda oozing.... So what did I get to endure now you ask???? Well she carterized my insides, and filled me full of some gauze that has a clotting medicine on it. Then I had to wait an hour, and she came back to check. The bleeding had stopped so I got to come home. Now two weeks after my surgery and I had been feeling like I am back on top of the world... I have quickly been brought back to reality. I am just a little sore from all the poking, prauding, and burning I had... and probably prolonged my healing, but I am doing good. Needless to say, from this point on I vow to follow ALL the rules. And I now know I don't need to feel guilty for having the help even though I feel perfectly capable to do things on my own. Although I am ready to be back to normal mentally, my body just isn't ready yet. I guess the bottom line is... I have to deal with these restrictions whether I like it or not. I don't want to end up doing something worse to myself. Last night scared me so bad, I don't want to do that again!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh sweety. Be careful hun! Take care of yourself. Let your body heal.

Amy Bigelow said...

Holy shit! That does not sound fun at all!! I'm so sorry. :( I hope things get better soon. Cauterizing is ZERO fun. I once had the doctor cauterize the roof of my mouth for about an hour... worst experience of my life. Did they like... numb it first? I sure as hell hope so!