Monday, April 27, 2009

Sammy is 2!!!

On April 24th, 2007 we were greeted by this beautiful little man... our little Sam! He was such a joy, and such an easy baby. He an Brenna quickly bonded and have been inseperable ever since. We all loved him instantly... How could we not. Is was adorable...




And here we are, 2 years later... We just celebrated his 2nd birthday on Friday... As I tried to get ready for his birthday... the kid was into EVERYTHING! So of course the poor kid was in and out of time out all day. As his party approached, he just got even grumpier (I swear, that it's my party and I'll cry if I want to song was written for a very good reason). My kids tend to ALWAYS be winey butts on there special day! My attempts at trying to get a cute birthday picture of him... as you can see he is crying, eyes puffy and red... oh well, he is still cute!




A few pics of the decotations... As most know Sam LOVES spongebob... so we did none other than a spongebob themed party. I didn't go all out on the decorations, because I was already feeling overwhelmed when I woke up... My energy just hasn't replenished itself. I was up until 1am the night before decorating the cupcake cake... yes, I did make it myself... so DONT LAUGH!!!





We also rented one of those big bounce houses with a slide... definately worth it! They dropped it off around noon, so the kids were out back for a good part of the day playing, giving me time to get the house cleaned up. All the kids at the party enjoyed themselves... rain and all.





He made out like a bandit, and had a lot of spongebob stuff. He love it! And he even got a big boy bike from Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy... Overall the day was absolutely wonderful, and EXHAUSTING (for mommy of course)!







For the end of this little post I just want to tell you all some of my favorite things about Sam...

I love his Energy, although he doesn't let me sit often, he is ALWAYS having fun. He can keep me entertained all day long.

He has such a fun little free spirit. Not a care in the world.

He is VERY tender hearted. He loves his family, and at 2 years old it surprises me just how much love he has to give to others... just the other day he was downstairs with Bill, and Brenna was upstairs crying. Bill said as soon as he heard her crying, he stopped what he was doing and said "Daddy, Sissy crying!" and with such concern on his face came running upstairs to make sure she was okay.

He has the most contageous smile! It is sure to light up the room and brighten anyones day.

I love that EVERYWHERE we go, he gets attention from girls, women, grandma... all the ladies just love him, and he is such a LADIES man. Another quick story, one day Bill, myself, and the kids were at the mall just bumming, and seeing the easter bunny... as we were leaving, Sam was walking slowly (yes he has to walk EVERYWHERE now... no more strollers, he's BIG) and as he was tagging behind us he saw a lady who worked there and he stopped to say hi and gave her that cute little smile. The lady quickly bent down to his level and started telling him what a cute boy he was (as most ladies do) and then she stood up and said "Bye sweetie, you better go get your mommy" (I was standing just a few feet away)... so what does Sam do??? He grabs her hand and starts walking... The ladies heart just melted and she walked him all the way to the door... gave him a hug. And we were on our way. He totally made that ladies day!

So, with that... I will say, Happy Birthday little "Sam I Am". I love you so much!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What a cute birthday party! You did an amazing job on the cake!

Michelle said...

I love all the cute stories. And the cake is awesome!