Friday, April 10, 2009

Sam, the terror... Seems to be only getting worse!

Today, Bill popped some popcorn for himself and the kids... as they approached the bottom of the bowl Sam notices the unpopped cernals. Picks one up and puts it in his mouth, Bill immediately says, don't eat those, they will hurt your teeth! So he spits it out and goes and throws it in the garbage.... Or so we think! Bill leaves me to tend to the kids with just a little bit of popcorn left in the bowl... When Sam picks up another cernal and shoves it up his nose! Yes, the one place that it BARELY fits! I start fishing the cernal out... get it, then proceed to tell him to NEVER stick anything up your nose because it could get stuck and start getting infected... Know this from one of my older sisters experiences! Well, after my big lecture we finish off the popcorn and I send Brenna to the kitchen with the empty bowl to put in the sink. After a few minutes Sam comes to me saying "Mommy, Mommy..." pointing to his nose and sniffing! So I look low and behold another popcorn cernal in his nose, only this one was pretty far up there! I panic! My finger can't fit up there to dig it out... So I start pinching the top of his nose to try to work it down the nostrel... not working! Then I plug the one side of his nose without the cernal in it and tell him to blow HARD! What does he do???? SNIFFS!!! A little further up it goes! Oh BOY! Now I am really starting to panic... then I get the idea to tickle his nostrel with something to make him sneeze... Whala IT WORKS! However it didn't come all the way out but with a little pinch of the nose at that point it popped right out! What did I learn today??? NEVER send your 2 year old to throw something in the garbage that can fit anywhere it shouldn't go!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man. Doesn't he know mommy doesn't need this right now? Hope you're feeling better sweety.

Michelle said...

Oh my that's hilarious! I'm glad it came out. Go lock yourself in your room and take some time to recover!