Thursday, April 9, 2009

Road to recovery!

So, had the hysto done on the 3rd... Day of surgery... Bad, Bad, Bad! Had to be put on oxygen for the first 24 hours, and the nurses said they have NEVER seen anyone react so bad to the anesthesia. Pretty much oblivious to a lot of happenings that day. Day two, just wanted to lay there, not move... then they started taking the Demerol shots away, gave me loritab, didn't help a bit, gave me percaset, helped, but then I started to itch... so they gave me benadril... still itching... another benadril, finally some relief from the itching! So the remainder of day two they gave me Percaset, Benadril, and IBProfin. They make me get up and walk twice, make it out of my room and about 1/3 of the way down the hall and back both times. Finally they let me off the liquid diet as well... Yay I get hospital food! They make me stay another day. Day three, still sore, but manuvering better... still dizzy, blood pressure was low all night. Doc comes in, and says, "I don't think we can let you go home today... your blood pressure has been low." I beg and pleed... he agrees that if my blood count is increasing I can go, but I am bed ridden, don't even go to the bathroom alone! So, blood count results come back... they are up from the day before, still low, but I get to go home! YAY! Pretty much stay in bed all day and all night... doc prescribed me Lortab DAMNIT!!!! Didn't work to well, if I didn't move the pain wasn't tolerable. Day 4... pretty much the same as Day 3. Day 5, wake up a little less sore, decided to go the day without pain meds... lounged around in the morning, HAD to get out of the house so we went to the Cracker Barrel for some brunch, and I decided I wasn't ready to go back to confinement... so we go to walmart to just look around... I get to roll around on one of those motorized old lady carts! Ended up chasing the kids around the store with it... pretty sure everyone thought I was just on it for fun. Then go home, feeling a little like I might have overdone it just slightly... lounge around, watch idol, take some pain meds, go to bed. Day 6, today, wake up feeling pretty good... although not until 9:30. Get up and make some pancakes then pick up the house just a little. Then gave the kids a bath... I then decide I need to try to relax a little... Then I shower and actually put on makeup and blowdry my hair! Just when I was gonna try to take a nap, Bill wants to go to lunch... I can do this! Go to olive garden, can't eat much just want to go home and lay down, I'm hurting... Get home, I immediately sit down and do a little kareokee with the kids... Bill goes downstairs on the computer for like 2 hours and leaves me to tend to the kids... Pain getting worse... Sam being terrible, hitting, crying, can't pick him up to put him in time out... I am up and down, up and down... HURTING!!! Give in, pick Sam up to put him in time out... oh the pain, pick Sam up to put him on the potty... Oh The Pain! Crouch down on the floor to put a diaper on Sam... OH THE PAIN!!!!! I did WAY too much today, and I think because I was feeling so good this morning, Bill thought he could take advantage of this and checked out for the evening. When he finally returns from "His" space, I hand over the kids, and here I am writing this... IN BED! Gonna go take some pain meds and go to sleep!!!! I now know why they give you limitations, as in DONT DO ANYTHING! I think tomorrow, I am going to stay in bed... recover from overdoing it today. At least Bill has got to have some appreciation for what I do all day every day! Thank god for him, but I will be damned if he "checks out" again!!!

2 comments:

Lewis Family said...

I'm so glad that you are healing, and well, but I'm so sorry for you because I know the road to recovery after surgery can be a really rough one, especially with two little ones. You remain in our thoughts and prayers, and thanks for taking the time to post and update us on how you're doing. Love you guys.

Justin and Tasha said...

You heard what the Dr. said...dont do anything !!! ...Take time to relax and get better soon !
I have a hrd time being cooped up to so I dont blame you one bit for getting out of the house !