Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Introducing: Life as I Remember It....

So I was going through some boxes yesterday, just trying to get a little organized.
I came across my little box of keepsakes that my mom had kept for me.  It contains memorabilia throughout my entire life.  
Report cards, awards, cards, letters, baby books, milestones of my life, school work.  
You know those things that make a parent proud or life moments they want to remember.  I have boxes for my children that consist of much of the same type of stuff.  
I value what my mom kept for me, and I want to provide the same for my children.  From this moment I am going to kick it up a notch...
Every year on my child's birthday I will write them a letter.  Something for them to read when they are an adult, so they will always remember the pride they gave me throughout their life.  

While going through my box of keepsakes, I was hit with an overwhelming amount of memories from my childhood.  Things that I realized I have come to forget about over time.  This made me realized that I am not getting any younger and the more years that go by, the more I am going to forget my childhood.

I don't want to forget. 
I want to keep what memories I have left.
Those moments shaped me, those moments define me.
I don't ever want to lose ME!
I have already forgotten so much... 
I refuse to forget anymore. 

I want to be able to share those memories with my children, and when I am gone my children can share my Life as I Remember It with their children too. 

Which is why I am introducing to you.... 

Life as I Remember It
A blog series

Starting from Birth.

I hope for this little series to consist of not only memories of my own, but those of my family as well.  Moments of my life that made my parents proud... or even sad.  
Moments of my life that I shared with my siblings... some bad, many good.
I hope you will follow with me on my journey back through time.

No comments: