Friday, May 11, 2012

Life as I Remember It: Meet the Parents

Before I can post about the day I was born...
(Not something I REMEMBER, but I  have a pretty good understanding of how my entrance into this world was made)

I must tell you a little about the two people who gave me life.  
My Mother and My Father
My Strength and My Rock
My Comfort and My Encouragement
My Cheerleaders and My Best Friends
Kathy and Jim

I owe my life to them,
For that I will forever be indebted to them.
No Thank You could ever be enough...
.
.
.

They were both born and raised in New York, Not the city.
Youngstown, Ransomville area.
If you've ever been to that part of the country you will know that it is BEAUTIFUL.
I've only been there very few times myself, but I love everything about the place they call home.

My Daddy
My Dad was born on a day in January.
(Not going to age drop on my Dad, year of birth shall remain unknown)
He is the oldest of 4.
Two Boys, Two girls.
From what I understand he has always been their rock.
Big Brother Jimmy,
They know they can always count on him, Turn to him in times of need. Trust him with their life.
The best kind of brother anyone could ever have...
My Dad and his sisters... (couldn't find one with his brother Jeff in it)
He's just that kind of guy...
Tough when he needs to be, but the softest most tender heart imaginable.
A Protector.  A Knight in Shining Armor. A Safe Haven.
He would give his shirt off his back to anyone in need.
He is driven, hard-working, focused, successful, and SO fun to be with.
He is a friend for life kind of guy with an abundance of people who love him and are honored to call him a friend.
I know I am lucky to have him and I cherish every day I spend with him.
I like to think my dad has always been the model son, friend, brother, student and father... though I am sure he too had his moments. ;)

My Mommy
My mom, her parents, siblings, and the first born grandchild
My Mom was born on a January day as well..
(Again, year will not be disclosed)
She is the second to the oldest of 4.
Three girls, one boy.
People say I look just like her, with the exception of my dad's eyes and dimples...
I can't argue that, but that's okay because my mom is stunning.

She is successful, strong, and giving.
She made a life for us despite the downfalls and challenges she was dealt.
She too is a Daddy's girl like myself.
She wears her heart on her sleeve and is completely satisfied just knowing that she is loved.
My mom is fun, silly, and really sensitive.
She's an amazing daughter, sister, mother, and friend.
Her loyalty is one of a kind.
I know my mother has made my grandparents proud with all she has achieved in life,
as am I.

My parents met by way of my grandmother.  My father worked at the same grocery store my grandmother worked at.  I don't know all the details, I only know that my grandma really liked my dad (but of course who wouldn't) and so she introduced him to my mom.
Clearly, things worked out.

I found this picture attached to a newspaper article announcing their engagement
It read:
Mr. and Mrs. Joseph T. Sykes of 377 Brampton Road, Youngstown, announce the  engagement of their daughter, Kathy Lynn Sykes, to James Robert Lynch, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Lynch of 3600 Ransomville Road, Ransomville.  A spring wedding is planned.
I don't know their engagement story, or much of about their dating life.  What I do know is this;
They were young,
Fresh out of high school.
They were in love.

They married, I'm sure in the spring of 1979.
Surrounded by friends and family.
Next came the babies...




No comments: