Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sam's Last Game 2012

Wow!  It has been a crazy week here at the Tomlin house!
To start of the documenting of this last week, I have to start off with Sam's last T-Ball game of the season.

His last game was on Tuesday (May 22nd).
Shows how behind I am on the blogging.

Though I am not really into the whole rec center ball thing, I am really impressed with how much Sam learned in the short 4 weeks of baseball.  I am more of a competitive baseball kind of person.  I spent years watching my brothers play and believe me when I say I was a little crazy about it all... even had a few yelling matches with parents and umpires.
YEAH, I'm THAT parent....
So what?

I SOOOO Can't wait to watch my own son play in that competitive atmosphere. 
NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!
(I now know to register in FEBRUARY)

Anywho, 
Sam's last game was fun to watch.  The kids were clearly over playing baseball as many of them had little, to no, attention span for the game.  They were more interested in playing with their hats and doing cartwheels in the field.  
Sam however, paid attention.
SHOCKING,
I know.

They even got to have some coach pitching done this game, which I was excited for.  Sam is good at hitting off the T.  He knocks it out there every time.  He is ready for that next step and having to focus on the ball coming at him rather than just lining up with the ball on the T.  He hit it too.  Every time. I was proud.  

Sam has a killer arm.  I know I have mentioned this before, but really he probably has the best throw of anyone on his team.  Not only can he throw it far, he is pretty damn accurate too.  I think I see a pitcher in the making.  Or maybe a first baseman?  
Either way, Bill and I are really proud of his hard work and dedication over his four week baseball season.  He never complained once about having to go to practice or those dreadful early morning Saturday games.  

I think he's ready for the BIG TIME!  
(Little league I mean)




No comments: