Friday, June 29, 2012

Kindergarten Graduate!

 Year Round school is a drag!  It seems like forever ago that everyone was talking about their children's last day of school... and here I am just barely able to brag about my little Brenna.

SHE DID IT!
Holding her Diploma


It seems like she just barely started Kindergarten.  I thought then it was a huge milestone in our life... one that flew by faster than light.
Now watching her complete her first year of "real" school is an even bigger milestone than just starting out.  

First Day of Kindergarten
At the beginning of the year she was so ready to start.  Excited, Nervous, but READY!  I was ready too.  She had been in preschool for three years and was already advanced for her age.  She was bored being at home and was dying for a little bit of a social life.

I never thought in a million years that she could possibly change as much as she has in these short (seems short anyway) 11 months.  Not only has she grown taller, she has matured far beyond what I would have ever though possible for a 6 year old.  Not only has she blossomed socially, but she has become so independent and developed the attitude of a 16 year old.  
    She excelled from the beginning of Kindergarten.  Every report card we received she had the highest grades possible.  She made friends very quickly and maintained positive relationships with all of them. She became very popular with the boys too, although she won't acknowledge it.  

I can't believe that this day has come so quickly.  I can't believe that in just 2 months she will be headed to first grade and Sam to Kindergarten with the same teacher Brenna just had.  We were very fortunate to have had Mrs. Wilkin for Brenna and are SUPER excited that we get to enjoy her for another year with Sam.  
In Brenna's end of year journal she wrote, "I loved everything about Kindergarten!"  I think she summed up her year perfectly.  She truly loved every single day spent with her teacher and peers. She doesn't want the school year to end.  She told me she wishes that she could just keep going to school every single day.  I am so glad that she loves school as much as she does.  I know that this year was just the first of many successful years with our little Brenna. We are very proud of the little lady she is becoming and of the amazing student she is as well. 

Brenna on the last day of Kindergarten and her teacher Mrs. Wilkin
Brenna and one of her BFF'S Karis

Karis, Brenna, and Amaya

Her three BFF'S!
Alexa, Brenna, Karis, and Amaya

To show our appreciation for the hard work and devotion of her amazing teacher I had all the kids in class write her a little letter on an apple and tied them to roses.  I also made her a #2 pencil vase to hold all 24 flowers.  


I think it's safe to say that she really liked her gift.





THANK YOU
MRS. WILKIN
For being such an amazing person and teacher.  I couldn't have asked for a better match for my little Brenna and I am SUPER excited for Sam to be in your class next year.  







No comments: