Thursday, June 21, 2012

Movie's with Grandma T.

I think it's safe to say that a movie with my kids will never be the same... 
Let me tell you why,

As I mentioned in my father's day post,
We got to spend some quality time with Grandma T. last Friday.
The men (Bill and Grandpa T.) had taken off to a Bike Rally, which presented the perfect opportunity for a Movie/Dinner date with Grandma.
The kids have been DYING to see the new Madagascar 3 (Polka dot, Polka dot, Polka dot, AFRO!)
You know you have sung along with that when the preview comes on T.V.  
How could you not really?

It just so happened that Grandma T. suggested that we go see Madagascar 3. 
HA!  PERFECT!
Being the sneaky mom that I am, I didn't even mention this outing until we were headed out.  They knew we were going to go to dinner, but it wasn't until the drive over that they picked up on the fact that a movie would follow.  Once they realized we were going to a movie Brenna screamed with excitement, "Are you going to Madagascar?"
"YEP! WE ARE!"

Immediately they both started in with "Circus Afro, Circus Afro, polka dot, polka dot, polka dot, AFRO!" and it continued the entire drive over to the theater.  

We hit up IHop for some grub before the movie.  It was a bit early for dinner (2:30pm), but considering that my kids are ALWAYS hungry this time of day regardless of what time they ate lunch I felt it would work out well.  
I thought wrong.  
Both kids ordered their create-a-face pancake and wasted nearly the entire thing.  The fruit and yogurt were about all the kids could managed to down.  Sorry Grandma!  

We got to the theater in just enough time to catch the 3:50 show... Previews were already showing.  We found out seats and sat down to enjoy.  Not long into the movie Sam was full of the giggles.  At one point one of the animals hits another animal over the head with a down pillow, of course his head goes through it and feathers go flying all over.  Sam lost it.  He was laughing hysterically and of course so was I.  It was one of those I look at him laughing and I laugh harder, he looks at me laughing and he laughs harder moments. Needless to say, we had a good laugh.  
Now of course I had suggested that both kids go to the bathroom before we went in, and of course they insisted that they didn't have to.  
About mid way through the movie, Brenna started the potty dance in her seat. 
She and I left the theater to find the restroom while Grandma T. and Sam were left to continue to enjoy the movie. Now I didn't mention that this theater wasn't very full.  There were probably 20 people in the theater with us.  Which meant it was quite quiet and nice.  Apparently when Brenna and I were in the bathroom Sam decided to rip a big one for these poor 20+ people to hear and apparently Grandma couldn't hold her composure. 
Again, another one of those uncontrollable laughing moments courtesy of the boy! 
Ugh, Boys!

I have to give a quick review for Madagascar 3. 
It's VERY cute!  I loved it, I think Grandma enjoyed it, and the kids loved it as well!
I heard many people leaving the theater singing, "Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka dot, Polka dot, Polka dot, AFRO!"  It's just so catchy isn't it?
(I know that by now you are probably singing it in your head... I am.)

After leaving the theater we stopped out front so I could take a quick picture of the kids and Grandma T., for blogging purposes of course.  
Once they were all positioned I suggested that they all smile and sing, "Polka dot, Polka dot, Polka dot, AFRO!" 
Sam quickly suggested, very loudly I might add surrounded by a decent crowd of people, "No, how about we say WIENER!" (Finger up in the air for added enthusiasm).  
I Lost it.
Grandma T. Lost it too...
We couldn't stop laughing.  
I laughed so hard that I may or may not have peed myself a little. 
Don't judge, haven't we all laughed that hard?
I unfortunately was forced to try to hold it together in a public, crowded place...

I still managed to get a picture....


It was time to GO!  
We said our goodbyes and I literally giggled about this little outing the entire night.
I am still giggling about it now.

Thanks Grandma for dinner and the movie. We had fun.  We hope you did as well.

Anyone up for a movie with my son?

No comments: