Thursday, June 28, 2012

Life as I Remember It: A tad bit from my baby books...

No, I haven't forgotten about my blog series... I've just been taking a little time to learn a few things about myself is all. 


I'm not sure why, but I have two baby books.  
Maybe one was lost momentarily so Mom had to replace it and then the lost one was rediscovered at a later time?  
Or maybe Mom just loved me so much that she felt the need to spend her valuable time updating not one, but two books with all the wonderful things about me? 
(I like to think it's the second of the two)




I really appreciate my mom's efforts to keep as much documented about me as she did.  I learned a lot about myself through these two little books.

As I read through these books I had to giggle at the "World as it was when Our Baby was Born" page...
So much has changed from that time and it really put it into perspective just how old I am.
From the "Olden Days" as my sweet Brenna once put it.

When I was born...

President: Ronald Reagan

Latest Dance: New Wave, Punk Rock

Popular Songs: "Nobody"- Sylvia (who is that exactly?) and "Mountain Music"- Alabama

Popular T.V. Shows: Knots Landing, Hill Street Blues... WHAT are those?

Popular Entertainers: Barbara Mandrell (who?), David Brenner (Huh?), Olivia Newton John (FINALLY, one I know!)

Fashions/Fads: Mini skirts (not much has changed there), Tight skirts, tuxedo blouses (who says blouses anymore?), designer jeans, Wide waist belts (AND THEY'RE BACK!), Women's neckties (didn't they come back too for a minute?), Front pleat pants. 

Hit Movies: "E.T", "Mr. Mom", "Flashdance" (Really?), "Man from Snowy River"

Big Names in Sports: McEnroe- Tennis (Since when was tennis a popular sport? Only in the 80's!) and Richard Petty- cars (I'm assuming nascar... not the movie.)

My first doctor's exam was on May 20th, 1983 at 7 days old...
According to my books, the examination findings were this:

"A+ BEAUTIFUL (but of course I was!), enjoyable temperament.  Storks bite on forehead and granuloma on belly button.  Treated with silver nitrate to shrink it.  Slightly jaundice, but otherwise perfectly healthy."

What is a granuloma you ask?  
gran·u·lo·ma/ˌgranyəˈlōmə/
Noun: A mass of granulation tissue, typically produced in response to infection, inflammation, or the presence of a foreign substance.

I actually had this weird hanging thingy in my belly button my whole life.  I had an innie and an outie.  When I had my hysterectomy, my awesome doctor did some plastic surgery for me for free.  I seriously asked about having this thing removed several times with several different doctors and was told it was cosmetic so it wouldn't be covered by insurance.  Funny how when you are buddy buddy with your OB they will help you out with these small cosmetic imperfections.  He cut it out and stitched up my belly button and now it looks normal.

A few more things about me...

My first word: Dada (imagine that!) at 5 months.
I smiled immediately.
Rolled over at 3 1/2 months.
Slept through the night at 2 weeks (now that's an awesome baby)!
In my first appointment at one week I weighed 6lbs 5oz (lost 5oz from birth).
My first tooth was bottom, front, left... cut through on 11-26-83 (6 1/2 months).
Sit up alone- 4 months
Fav. Foods: Bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, cream of wheat, garden vegetables, dutch apple dessert
Fav. Games: Patt- a-cake, Peek-a-Boo, Pony Boy
Fav. song: I Love you Bushell and a Peck
First Giggle was on July 20th (2 1/2 months)
I loved blankets with silk bindings.
Delivery doctor was supposed to be James Brinton, but as stated in my previous post I was delivered by nurses.
My pediatrician was Dr. Keith Clayton
I was named after my beautiful Aunt Kelly (both our middle names are Marie).
Mom says I sure loved my big sister Jaime...

My home address when I was born was:
2149 No. 1060 W. 
Provo, UT 84604

My books talk a bit more about other favorites and firsts...
Like holidays and birthdays.  
Gifts I got and toys I loved.  

Thanks mom for the documentation of all these things about me!  




No comments: