Monday, June 4, 2012

May Photo-A-Day Recap (Or in this case, Reveal)

It may seem as if I fell completely off the band wagon for the month of May Photo-A-Day fun, but in all reality I didn't. 
I just simply didn't blog my photo's.  I had so many crazy things happening in the month of May that I just decided, after having posted up to day 9, I would do one big post at the end of the month revealing my month in photos.  

In case you missed it you can see (and read the stories behind them) my first few posts of the month here, here, here, here, and here... 

Here is a quick recap of those days.


 



 

And Now for the NEW stuff...
May Day 10:
A favorite word
Simplicity... I strive for simplicity in life.  With two kids, school, mommy duties, wife duties, and of course everything else life throws my way I NEED simplicity in all I do.  Otherwise you may find me hiding in a closet, mumbling nonsense, rocking back and forth, pulling my hair out.  HA!

 May Day 11:
Kitchen
My little girl is seriously SO amazing.  She, at six years old, saw that the dishes needed done and took it upon herself to do them. I love her beyond comprehension.

May Day 12: 
Makes Me Happy
An early Mother's Day gift from my little man.  I love homemade gifts from my kids... they mean more than anything money can buy.  My heart is so full of love and happiness. 

May Day 13:
My Mom 
We got together at my moms house on Mother's Day.  It just so happened to be my birthday as well.    I spent the better part of the day at home with my little ones and husband.  I got an email from my brother that afternoon that said, 5 O'Clock, mom's house.  I couldn't just bail on the dinner plans Bill had made for me.  So I had to politely decline the invite.  It wasn't until a bit later than I learned my brothers had planned a little get together not only to celebrate mom's day, but my birthday as well.  At that point I HAD to make sure I didn't disappoint.  
I took my camera along because Mom ALWAYS wants a picture done with her and her kids, but for some reason it NEVER happens.  This day Sister Casey was doing all she could to not have to take a picture, but I put my foot down.... 
You can read more about my thoughts on Mother's HERE
and how I spent my Mother's Day HERE
{Along with some fun pictures}

May Day 14:
Grass
Spring Green.... I love to relax out in some shaded grass.
Spring weather is the VERY BEST!

May Day 15:
Love
This is an old picture, and maybe one you have seen before, but I love it.  
Bill is his usual dorky self, and I am blissfully in love with that man!

May Day 16:
I'm Reading
For Mother's Day/My Birthday Bill got me this book about how to run a successful photography business.  It's my current choice of reading material.  I have learned a great deal from it and have really enjoyed reading it.  I am sure it is a book I will refer back to quite frequently as I explore the photography business world.  

May Day 18:
Something I Made
Throughout the entire school year, each of the kids have had the opportunity to bring a poster board to school decorated with pictures and information about them.  Initially I believe it was suppose to be a weekly event, but somewhere along the line the teachers got behind.  It didn't seem to be quite as regular as they had initially intended.  It took them until the last week of school to get through all 20 something students.  Of course Sam's last name falls close to the end of the alphabet and he was one of the last ones to do his little all about me board.  It was only displayed in class for a few days before it got sent home.  I think next time I will just put together a little slide show that can be shared and then reused the next year so I don't have to spend a great deal of time on something that is only used for a couple days before it heads to the trash. LOL

May Day 19:
A Favorite Place to Be
BEHIND THE LENS
I love to take pictures... It's one of my "happy" places.  Bill has really been pushing me to start taking some nature photo's.  He thinks I would excel at it.  I personally like to photograph people... There is just something about a photo of a person that touches me, and inspires me.  I have said it before, but I feel that a person says so much about themselves without even having to say a word.  Hands, posture, wrinkles, clothes, facial expressions... all of it tells a story.  I personally like the story seen in every person.  Maybe, just maybe, I will take Bill's advice and focus a bit on nature as well, but my true passion is in the people.  

May Day 20:
Something I can't live without...
HA!
That's a given isn't it? 
My Camera.  
I would be lost without it.

May Day 21:
Where I Stand
FIRST: I would like you to take note of my awesomely awesome artistic abilities.  
These stick figures were drawn by yours truly....
Thank you, Thank you
(As I bow)

I am second to the oldest of 7 kids... Though we come from dis-function at it's best.  
Us older three girls have the same mom and dad...
Us older three girls and the middle boys have the same mom, but different dads...
Us older three girls and the youngest two girls have the same dad, but a different mom...
Are you following along ok?
You're lost aren't you...
Well, I guess the purpose of this post isn't to give you the run down of my family tree, but just to let you know where I stand...
So there it is, I am second to the oldest... 
OH! And BTW I also have 5 step siblings that are in the mix as well.
That's 12 kids in my family.
WOW!


WAIT?
Where are day's 22-27?
It was a holiday weekend, and friends came in town...
Give me a break! 
You can read a bit about our Memorial Day weekend and all the fun we had HERE



 May Day 28:
Today's Weather
Jessica Here, Reporting that today's weather was a bit cloudy, but beautiful....
SEE!

May Day 29:
A Number
My Favorite number to be exact.... Just in case you were wondering.


May Day 30:
My Personality

I did actually post about this day on my blog.  
You can find that post HERE
As you can see, I am quite the elegant, classy, wholesome individual.
Wouldn't you agree?

May Day 31:
Something Beautiful
We welcomed my newest Nephew, Wyatt Emerson Colton, into the world on May 31st.
The beauty of a new life is priceless, indescribable, amazing, blissful, surreal, exciting, precious...
You know what I mean...BEAUTIFUL in every sense of the word. 
I love this little guys so much already... 
CONGRATS SISTER KRISTIN AND FRED!

And there you have it...
MY MONTH OF MAY!  
I truly hope you all had as amazing of a month as I did.  
And in case you have missed it...
I started a blog series in May as well.
The story of my life,
(Told the way I remember it anyway)
You can catch my first few posts of
"Life as I Remember it"
HERE, HERE, and HERE

ENJOY JUNE EVERYONE!

No comments: