Friday, March 6, 2009

Is it too soon to potty train???

I have been contemplating this for a few days now. Sam has recently found a liking to peeing in the potty, which is awsome. I don't push him to do it, he just tells me when he wants to do it. I would say he is using the potty about 50% of the time now. When I began to potty train Brenna I think I did a few things wrong, which I don't want to do with Sam. That is why I am not telling him he has to use the potty... I want him to like to do it. I just don't know if it is too soon to buy him underwear and start encouraging the potty use. He isn't even two yet, and I know that kids go through a curious fase and this is all this may be, but on the other hand I don't want to miss my shot if he is ready. What to do, what to do? Why can't kids be born with a "How to raise me" manuel tied to there hip.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I say let him go in the potty but don't be too sad if he changes his mind. I hope your lucky though. He might just be ready. Brookie did that. Tanner is a whole nother story though. He is finally not having accidents but he still needs a pull-up at night.

The Circus said...

go with it. follow his lead. give him a little rope to lead with and if he takes it great! if not, oh well. Brynn did it on her own early.