Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Let's go fly a kite...

Although I didn't get any pictures, I just wanted to share about some mommy/babies time the kids and I have had this week. It has been so incredable nice out, and The kids have been loving every minute of being outside... However, the past couple days they seem to have been starved for my attention. Brenna especially (imagine that). I have been pre-occupied, well... I should say really, I have been lazy... sitting at the table, soaking in some sun. So, after some mass amounts of whining... I was wracking my brain for something we could do, outside, in the sun, and together... then it dawned on me. Last year (about this time) I had bought Brenna a kite for easter... but when it came time to set up easter baskets, I couldn't find the kite... and the other day, I came across it. That was perfect... I went a grabbed the kite, and asked the kids if they wanted to go fly it... they were both so excited. Brenna sang "Lets go fly a kite" for the next two hours. There was a small breeze, and we got the kite up first try... Brenna had her turn flying the kite, and before we knew it the kids across the street joined in with their kite... soon Sam wanted his turn. He held it for about 3 minutes and quickly became uninterested in his kite... the neighbors had ELMO! So what does he do??? He lets go of the kite to run to theirs! Oh boy... there went our kite! stuck on the neighbors roof!!!! I spent about 20 minutes trying to get it down, then finally gave up... until I saw the cute little neighbor girl trying her hardest to get it down, because Brenna was crying... so I went and helped again. Eventually after breaking the string, we were able to get the kite down, tied it back together... and flew it for about another 30 minutes. It was actually really relaxing, and the kids amazingly enough were really into it! I had forgotten how much fun it is to fly kites... I think the easter bunny is going to be bringing all 4 of us kites! This would make some great family time... Kite flying and BBQ at the park... Anyone in???

No comments: