Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Best friends....

When I had begun to think about having kids, I hoped and prayed more than anything that they would be close to eachother. I was fortunate to grow up with siblings, and although we fought... there is one thing that never faltered and that was the love we had for eachother. We always knew that if one of us needed anything, we would always have eachother.

As I have watched Brenna and Sam grow up together, even with how different there personalities and interests are... they are the BEST of friends....

Last night durning our bed time routine, Sam and I were in Brenna's room tucking her in and giving goodnight hugs and kisses (Brenna LOVES to be put to bed first so Sam can help tuck in) and when it was Sam's turn to give sissy loves... Brenna wrapped her arms around him and said "Sam, your the BEST brother EVER!" Made my heart melt! And then it brought me back to this....






When Sam was born I was amazed at the amount of love that Brenna had for her new baby brother, it was sooooo touching! And I remember thinking to myself... 'How long will this last?' Granted these moments between them are few and far between these days, but there is no question that that love for eachother is still there. I love my babies, and I am so glad they have eachother to lean on!

No comments: