Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My little "MAN"....

Well, Sam has been off and on in useing tha pot... However last week I went through 92 diapers in one week! Yeah thats right! Everytime he would pee he would take his diaper off, and finish in the potty... so when I QUICKLY ran out of diapers, I contemplated buying more. I made the decision to not buy anymore. Instead we went to the store and bought one more package of underwear (being that we go through them quickly too) and some pull ups. He LOVES to be in underwear... but we have learned that if he has pants on over them, he is more prone to accidents. I think he forgets that he is wearing them. So for this week he has been wearing underwear durning the day (with a shirt) and that's it. He does really good with them for the majority of the moring... then in the afternoon he seems to get a little lazy, which is okay... I am shocked that it is even happening this soon as it is. He is totally taking the lead with his potty training and I am just trying to be supportive... we have come up with a rule though, after 3 accidents in his underwear, he has to wear pull ups. And that seems to be working out pretty well being that he loves to wear the underwear...

Also today we made even more progress! He decided to pee standing up for the first time. I have been telling Bill that he needs to take on some of the training being that I am not a boy and can't show him certain things... his response has been "you teach him to pee sitting down, and once he has that down I will start on the standing up..." Yeah, way to duck out of it dad! Well today, all on his own, he went to go potty and as I lifted him onto the potty he said "No, Stand!"... so I pulled up a stool (being that the toilet stands well past his waist) and he stood there and went. Granted I had to tell him he needed to hold his penis so the pee didn't go everywhere, but he made less of a mess than his daddy does! Maybe it isn't such a bad idea for mom to teach him... I can make it a habbit to clean up his mess, and put the toilet seat down while I am at it! LOL... I didn't take a picture cause I didn't know how appropriate that would be, although I contemplated it REALLY hard! Let me just tell you, that it was the CUTEST thing ever... he was so shocked and loved watching it land in the potty. His excitement was just so sweet! And to top the day off... he peed standing up 3 more times... that is until he fell off the stool... lol... poor kid! Yay for Sam, and Yay for me!!!

1 comment:

The Circus said...

obviously I don't know... but I've heard if you put cheerios or fruit loops in the toilet that he can aim at that helps ha ha.