Sunday, February 12, 2012

February Photo Day 11: Makes Me Happy~




Though we had originally set out to find me a new couch for my upstairs livingroom (the dog scratched up my cushion) we found ourselves looking more for the downstairs family room. Our furniture down there was 9 years old and visibly showed it. It really was time for new stuff, though we could have made do with what we had for a few more years, with some couch covers that is. Bill and I spent an extensive amount of time looking on Friday for something we liked. We started our search on KSL then browsed the Internet stores of some well known furniture places, and when we were just not finding what I wanted (for my upstairs) we set out to some stores. We went to RC Willey scratch and dent to see what they had. They had A LOT of stuff, much of which was accompanied by a sold sign. I was really bummed out. Bill found a few things that HE liked for the downstairs, but I just wasn't sold. We were told to come back the next morning as they would have new stuff out on the floor by then. So I loaded the kids up on Sat. morning and headed over. They open at 10am and we didn't make it there until 11am. I didn't think and hour would make much of a difference, but I was wrong. The did have SOME new stuff out on the floor, but much of it ALREADY had a sold sign on it. UGH! Then I came across this chaise lounge, it was only the chaise lounge and 4 pillows that was in the clearance section, but I really liked it AND it was only 199.00. I began wracking my brain trying to come up with a place in my house I could use just a chaise lounge... I came up empty. I walked away and began walking through the new furniture section when I came across the complete couch that particular chaise lounge belonged to. I LOVED IT, for the downstairs of course. So I grabbed the nearest salesman and asked him home much I could buy just the one half of the couch for brand new... He went to check on it for me when I glanced over and literally saw 4 couples eyeing MY chaise lounge in the matter of just a few minutes. I told the nice gentleman to meet me over in the clearance section and I hustled my butt over to MY chaise lounge and sat down. I didn't move from that spot until I got the go from Bill to buy the complete set for (drum roll please) a total of $550 dollars and that included scotch guarding!!! Yeah, THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!!! While the salesman was writing up my furniture I spotted a green ottoman (kind of an olive green) and made the guy drag it over by the chaise so I could see how it looked. I think it would add the perfect amount of color to are OH SO BROWN room, so I grabbed that too. I paid a total of $747.00 for everything including tax! Seriously a MAJOR score! Bill and I spent the rest of the afternoon (Thanks to his dad for helping us get the new furniture home and the old furniture out) re-arranging our downstairs living space. Bill suggested that we put the couch by the fireplace, which I am so glad he did. It has really created a VERY cozy and enjoyable space... but now I am left with a VERY awkward space where our tv area was originally. THAT'S okay though... I will figure something out for in there. I am brain storming and have a few ideas... one being a little reading nook. We will see....