Monday, March 5, 2012

Do-It-Yourself: Suds 101

In case your wondering, this isn't a REAL how-to do-it-yourself post. This is a how-to do-it-yourself according to a 4 year old post. So, if your intent is to REALLY learn how to make your own suds or bubbly bath, please look elsewhere. HOWEVER,if you are up for a laugh, then please read on...

My adorable, creative, hands-on, brilliant son informed me today that he knows how to make "suds". Yes, suds. He has seen at some point this past week on T.V. some new bath product called suds, which on T.V. looks REALLY cool and bubbly. Nothing like how it will REALLY be if we puchased this as seen on T.V. product. They just aren't ever as cool in real life. Anyway, back to what I was saying...

As Sam climbed into the tub today he was begging me for "suds," I told him we would have to get some bubble bath from the store. When I came back in to turn off the water, Sam made himself a bubble bath. My assumption was he used the shampoo. Okay, whatever I thought... didn't question it, or pay much attention to it. He just got home from school and was telling me about his day and this little monster shape munching book he made. He was proud of it. And I was proud of him too. He then proceded to tell me "Hey mom, we don't need to buy suds anymore either... I know how to make that too." "Oh yeah, how do you do that?"

He says,
"Oh, some pee....
and some spit...
And a little shampooo...
Mix it together and you got bubbles mom!"

I gasp... "SAM! You don't need pee and spit! Just a little shampoo would work!"
"No mom, I made it today duh!"

Seriously? Who would think up this stuff?
I think I just sprouted a few more gray hairs.

2 comments:

The Circus said...

Didn't you know? Pee is what makes the bubbles so big.

Jessica T. said...

This is entirely new information to me sis!