Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring 2012: Play Ball!

All the little neighborhood kids got together and orchestrated a baseball game! Such a great way to celebrate the first day of spring! It wasn't the warmest of days by any means, but the sun was shining and the afternoon was more pleasant than the morning was. We woke up to a dusting of snow, but ended the day with partly cloudy, but blue sky with the sun shining!



I love that I live in a neighborhood that is full of kids around the same ages as my own. The kids on our street range from High School to 3 years old, but on days like today age doesn't get in the way. They all get together and play. It's great to see my kids enjoying childhood like I remember it. It's not often that one finds a neighborhood that they feel comfortable enough in to allow their kids to bounce from house to house to play. I recall doing this when I was young. Getting together with neighborhood kids to play hide and seek together between all of our yards, or games like kick the can and red rover. I love those memories. I did not think that my kids would be able to have that same kind of childhood due to the growing rates in crime in society. There really isn't many places that are "safe" enough that parents feel comfortable doing this. I know on my street that we all look out for one another and each other's kids. I love being in a neighborhood that is so close nit. I feel that Magna has a different quality of community than most places in Utah. It's small enough that you run into people you know nearly everywhere you go and I like that. I hope we can stay here for a long time to come. I love my house, my neighbors, and that my children have the opportunity to be raised in a community that cares.

2 comments:

Amber said...

HOW FUN!!!

kirbluemel said...

The kids had a blast!! Star told me you came over and took pictures! I was inside "pring cleaning"! Lol