Thursday, March 22, 2012

Love Letters....

Now, of course I KNOW that my little girl is stunning. Beautiful. Fun. And really just Perfect. She ALWAYS has boys chasing her. At school when we show up there is a group for about 5-7 boys that wait and watch for her. When they see her, they then yell "There she is! Run and hide!" At first I didn't know why they would do this and I worried that maybe they would tease her or something. One day I decided to stand close to them in their hiding spot (under the bridge of the playground) and I hear this:

"I dare you to go tell her you like her!"
"I dare you to go hug her!"
I dare you to go kiss her!"
"Oh yeah, well I dare you to go chase after her!"

All the boys are daring one another these things back and forth, giggling the whole time. They they start in on teasing one another.

"I'm running to tell Brenna that you have a crush on her!"

Then they all dart out from under the bridge chasing whatever boy is threatening to tell Brenna that the others have a crush on her. I can deal with that, so long as no little boys plant their little lips on my little girl!

This repeats until the Bell rings. And Brenna is completely oblivious to any of it. She doesn't give the boys the slightest bit of attention or indication that she is remotely interested in them or boys in general. I'm okay with that too. Day in and Day out, the boys do this. It's really cute.

Well I'm sure if Brenna really doesn't notice that all these boys like her, think she's pretty, and want to hug her OR if she just doesn't care and avoids involvement. Either way, today I happened upon this little love letter written to her by some boys that live up the street from us. It literally extends the entire sidewalk length in front of our house. Pretty sure this one she can't pretend she doesn't notice or avoid.



I tried to write what it says, cause you know little kids they can't spell and have the WORST penmenship. In case you can't tell, it says:

"I love you Brenna (heart) Sexy... Toney and John"

I told Bill to have his shotgun ready cause I am pretty sure we will be needing to scare all these boys she has chasing after her sooner than we thought.

2 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Whew! Seriously... that's crazy. haha!

Jessica T. said...

LOL... You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about considering my son has an unhealthy obsession with your daughter.