Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Photo Day 15: Car




A car... Well, MY car is a mess from Winter cold, which is why you don't see it here.

Cold and winter means that my car doesn't get a bath, nor do I take the time to clean the thing out.

My car's current condition IS NOT making an appearance here on my blog, or anywhere else for that matter.

To be honest, I would probably judge me for the current condition of my car... It states, I'm a slob.

Really though, my kids are the slobs...

Today my kids went outside with a measly little piece of purple sidewalk chalk... one that survived from last year. The sole survivor as a matter of fact. Needless to say this chalk provided about 5 minutes of entertainment before all that was left was tiny, unusable shards of chalk. They BEGGED me to go to the store right then and buy more chalk... when the answer was no, Sam had a melt down. I didn't realize just how much my kids have grown to appreciate the "artsy" side of themselves throughout the school year thus far. After dropping Sam off at school, I made a quick stop at the dollar store for some more chalk. Brenna and I came home and she quickly went and put her new chalk to use. Of course I quickly followed after her... I'll be honest, I LOVE to sit with my kids and color on the sidewalk. Usually this doesn't last long so I take advantage when I can... Brenna and I sat and colored for a good hour before it was time to pick Sam up. My kids are obsessed with the "Slug Bug" game these days, so what a better choice than a Bug to fill my day 15 photo spot. Seriously though, we weren't home 2 minutes from picking Sam up that the kids started on the "SLUG BUG ORANGE" and argued over who won the claim of my sidewalk slug bug. Silly kids. My kids sat outside all evening and drew with their chalk... this method of entertainment has NEVER held their attention like this before. They played hop scotch and drew to their little hearts content. If chalk continues to entertain them like this all season, I don't care if I have colored messy walks all spring/summer... I'm totally okay with having to brush the dust from my shoes before entering the house if it means they are content.

No comments: