Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Weekend Day 1

I have to do this in days simply becuase as usual I took WAY too many pictures.

We left Thursday after dinner to head down south for a weekend get away with Sister Steph and her Circus.

Night one we crashed out at Grandma and Grandpa Eldredges house. We arrived REALLY late and I was up until 2am with the lovely task of homework to get wrapped up before we left for camping.

On Friday morning Grandpa treated us all with breakfast at Golden Corral. Mmmmm Mmmm Mmmmm

Did anyone know they served cotton candy on the breakfast buffet???
Needless to say the kids were QUICK to jump on it when it was discovered...


And you can't forget Brynn's Grandpa impression...


And I made Aunt Steph stop and pose with all the kids as we were leaving breakfast, I love this picture...


After breakfast, we all sat around in the trailer waiting for Grandpa and Bill to get back from gathering a few last minute items from the store. The kids sat down at the table and started turning their cotton candy holders into unicorn horns. Cas and I just sat and talked a bit and all the others sat outside enjoying the sun.



After quite the wait, we were finally able to head out to our camping spot. We arrived a bit earlier than reservations allow, but we just pulled aside and let the kids out to play until the people who were in our reserved spot cleared out.

The kids dug in the sand and explored the fields until it was time to set up camp.

Once our spot was cleared out and we could move on in, Sister Steph and Uncle West got their trailer parked and leveled quite quickly. Bill and I then had the LOVELY task of getting our tent put up and making up our beds and such. This took us a LONG time. Bill saw this flower right by our tent and instisted that I take a picture... So I did.


I learned something new about Bill this trip... He really likes wild flowers. LOL

While Bill and I were setting up camp, Aunt Steph and Uncle West made the kids lunch then took the kids over to the lake to check things out. Go HERE to read about that little part of the trip that Bill and I missed out on. I did however get some pics of them all on their way back... That's a whole lot of kids!


Sam ran back into camp with much enthusiasm so he could tell us that they tested the water and that we were headed over to the sand beach as soon as Bill and I were done. We actually wrapped up our unpacking right when they arived back at camp so it was quite perfect. The kids said that the water wasn't THAT bad once your legs went numb... WHAT?!?!? And they wanted to get suits on and jump in? They are crazy.

We got all the kids in suits and loaded them up into the back of the truck for the short drive over to the other side of the lake. When we got there the kids dug in the sand and waded in the water. I myself wasn't about to brave the water... neither were Aunt Steph, Uncle West, or Bill. We just sat back and enjoyed watching them all play.


Milo And Strider enjoyed the water too...


Brenna and Cali said that they needed lay out and get a sun tan.
We really do have our hands full with these two...


Sam decided it would be appropriate to whip it out and pee in the open...


He then thought it would be smart to go ahead and burry his pee like a dog...


Brenna and Cali on the other hand found it was easiest to just pee in the lake, where Cali informed Brenna that if she farted in the water it would make bubbles... Cause ya know she had already done it herself.


The sand was so beautiful and warm... I enjoyed just sticking my toes in it.

Sam found comfort in it as well when he decided it was time to get out of the water and warm up.


We rounded up the kids after they got a good amount of play time in and us adults had had enough time in the sun. At camp the kids got cleaned up a bit, played some more, and Steph and I busted out our cooking expertise and made scones for navajo tacos... I think we made like 30 something of them. LOL Dinner was delicious! Later that evening Bill and I headed out for a little walk alone up to the rock side of the lake that Steph and West had taken the kids to earlier that day.... Such beautiful scenery.

And I love this man...


And I love these kids...

This picture was taken earlier in the day at the beach... But I just loved it!


After returning to camp, we relaxed a little and Aunt Steph sat with all the kids and played phase 10...




I watched out the window of the trailer and admired this beautiful sunset...


Day One was a good day.























































No comments: